[SOLVED] User lists do not display all users

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #274349 by EPICweb
Another interesting thing.

First my environment: J!3.4.5; CB 2.0.12; CBSubs 4.0.1.

My three lists: Author, Publisher, Services are populated according to the information in the various tabs of the User's profile, that is, author, Industry and Publisher, Industry. I know it sounds complicated.

There are three membership plans: author, industry, dual.

In Author list, some users are not displayed but there is a blank line. When I click on it, I get the user's profile. Weird, huh?

As far as I can tell right now, the missing authors are those who have dual membership. That is, they have information in both the author tab and the industry tab.

Those who have publisher info appear to show up in the Publisher list. However, the information presented isn't complete, e.g. no company name.

My lists were also displaying null entries, that is, users who have been deleted from CB, though there is still a line for them in the database.

I filtered the lists so if there was no, say, author's name, it wouldn't be included. This worked pretty well to clear the numerous blank lines out. Now the lines that appear to be blank are actually current users.

I have checked some of these ghosts and I can't see why they aren't displaying correctly.

I would be pleased to provide superuser credentials for a fresher pair of eyes.

Thanks, guys! I promise to leave you alone after these last couple of things are worked out. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274377 by nant
Replied by nant on topic User lists do not display all users

EPICweb wrote: Another interesting thing.

First my environment: J!3.4.5; CB 2.0.12; CBSubs 4.0.1.

My three lists: Author, Publisher, Services are populated according to the information in the various tabs of the User's profile, that is, author, Industry and Publisher, Industry. I know it sounds complicated.

There are three membership plans: author, industry, dual.

In Author list, some users are not displayed but there is a blank line. When I click on it, I get the user's profile. Weird, huh?

As far as I can tell right now, the missing authors are those who have dual membership. That is, they have information in both the author tab and the industry tab.

Those who have publisher info appear to show up in the Publisher list. However, the information presented isn't complete, e.g. no company name.

My lists were also displaying null entries, that is, users who have been deleted from CB, though there is still a line for them in the database.

I filtered the lists so if there was no, say, author's name, it wouldn't be included. This worked pretty well to clear the numerous blank lines out. Now the lines that appear to be blank are actually current users.

I have checked some of these ghosts and I can't see why they aren't displaying correctly.

I would be pleased to provide superuser credentials for a fresher pair of eyes.

Thanks, guys! I promise to leave you alone after these last couple of things are worked out. :)

Guessing thet your Joomla template is causing this.
Test with default Joomla template to verify.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274441 by EPICweb
Replied by EPICweb on topic User lists do not display all users
Hi, Nick!

I changed the template to protostar. Got the same result. Blank lines that are linked to members.

These are all my dual members. They are not displayed in either of the lists for which they are eligible, even if they have info in the fields that are included in the lists. There is a double line with a space between where there's a hyperlink to the profile.

FYI, the template I'm using is an updated version of the one we've had for four+ years now. As far as I am aware, the lists displayed fine on it in Joomla! 2.5. This new version is Joomla! 2/5/3x compatible. Rockettheme Diametric. Anyway, I'm getting the same result. Both Chrome and Firefox, just to eliminate the browser issue.

The website is epicorg.com . If you want SU credentials, just let me know where I can send them.

Thanks!

8 years 4 months ago #274455 by nant

EPICweb wrote: Hi, Nick!

I changed the template to protostar. Got the same result. Blank lines that are linked to members.

These are all my dual members. They are not displayed in either of the lists for which they are eligible, even if they have info in the fields that are included in the lists. There is a double line with a space between where there's a hyperlink to the profile.

FYI, the template I'm using is an updated version of the one we've had for four+ years now. As far as I am aware, the lists displayed fine on it in Joomla! 2.5. This new version is Joomla! 2/5/3x compatible. Rockettheme Diametric. Anyway, I'm getting the same result. Both Chrome and Firefox, just to eliminate the browser issue.

The website is epicorg.com . If you want SU credentials, just let me know where I can send them.

Thanks!

Hmm - are you using CB Privacy somewhere to hide profile content?
This could be the cause. Please make sure you upgrade to latest nightly releases of CB and CB Privacy and retest (backup first of course).

8 years 4 months ago #274502 by EPICweb
Replied by EPICweb on topic User lists do not display all users
I don't have CB Privacy installed.

Only privacy is only registered users can see profile. But the lists are public.

When the dual members who are publishers members show on the publisher list, they don't have their company name, company logo, or contact name. Just whether they are accepting submissions and what genres they publish.

I'm going to go through my settings again, but I didn't change anything when I installed. As I say, I don't remember seeing this before the upgrade.

Since I don't have CB Privacy installed, I'm going to forego installing the nightly build right now pending your thoughts.

8 years 4 months ago #274526 by nant

EPICweb wrote: I don't have CB Privacy installed.

Only privacy is only registered users can see profile. But the lists are public.

When the dual members who are publishers members show on the publisher list, they don't have their company name, company logo, or contact name. Just whether they are accepting submissions and what genres they publish.

I'm going to go through my settings again, but I didn't change anything when I installed. As I say, I don't remember seeing this before the upgrade.

Since I don't have CB Privacy installed, I'm going to forego installing the nightly build right now pending your thoughts.

I would have to see this in action - please PM me superadmin access and I will take a look.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.691 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn