Add new users automatically to the free plan.

8 years 5 months ago #275134 by pranaydhruv
Dear Team,

This is where i left of the membership plans of my site and i am now trying to develop a few things in it.
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/228304-create-cb-subs-plans-based-on-number-of-connections?start=30

1) Add all new users directly to the free plan.
2) If their current subscription ends they automatically get assigned to the free plan.
3) All Free plan subscribers should get a fortnightly email automatically encouraging them to upgrade to other plans with more features.

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #275155 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add new users automatically to the free plan.

1) Add all new users directly to the free plan.

Using CB Auto Actions act on the after registration trigger in a CB Paid Subscriptions action and subscribe them to your free plan. Alternatively make all your plans child plans of your free plan as the parent is always required to subscribe to its child plans.

2) If their current subscription ends they automatically get assigned to the free plan.

This can be done with the above suggestion of making them child plans of the free plan as they'll never lose the free plan. You can act on the below trigger usages to subscribe them to the free plan when another plan expires if you don't want them to have both plans at once.

Plan Active
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To X

3) All Free plan subscribers should get a fortnightly email automatically encouraging them to upgrade to other plans with more features.

See your documentation in regards to CBSubs Mailer as it can be used to send reminders, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #275225 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Add new users automatically to the free plan.
Dear Kyle,

Please elaborate more on what the conditions mean ,like what is Var2/ 3 which Plan ID are you referring to is it Free plan ID ? and what is the A/ X in conditions 2 mentioned below ?

Plan Active

Plan Expired

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 5 months ago #275246 by krileon
var3 for that trigger is the CBSubs Plan ID (far right column in CBSubs > Plans). var2 is the subscription state. A is active and X is deactivated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275269 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Add new users automatically to the free plan.
Dear Kyle,

i tried the following, but for some reason the new users are not getting assigned to the free plan :-

1) made all plans child plans of the free plan.
2) Created an auto action to subscribe the new users to the free plan.
trigger - on after user registration
type - cbpaid subscription
action - mode -> subscribe
plans-> free plan

3)created auto actions
Plan Active
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To 7
action- mode-> subscribe
plans-> free plan

Plan Expired
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To 7
action- mode-> subscribe
plans-> free plan

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 4 months ago #275274 by krileon

1) made all plans child plans of the free plan.

You don't need 1 or 2 if you've done this. Since all your paid plans are now child plans of the free plan they can't subscribe to any of them without first subscribing to the free plan. Making the free plan exclusive (mandatory) will require it to be selected during registration.

2) Created an auto action to subscribe the new users to the free plan.

Are you testing frontend or backend? Your current usage is only going to work in frontend. If your plan is free lifetime you also need to ensure free lifetime plans are configured to give subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn