Auto Actions: Send E-Mail to user after xx Days without login

8 years 4 months ago #275449 by uncleron12345
Hello,

I wanted to use cb auto actions to send an email notification to a user after xx days without login.

My first try:
Auto Actions Type: E-Mail
Triggers: onUserActive
Conditions: [cb:parse function="time"][/cb:parse] > [cb:parse function="time" time="+90 DAYS"][/cb:parse]

Actions:
To: [cb:userdata field="email" /]

...an so on.
but it does't work...for testing i used "+5 MINUTES", because of waiting time reasons :whistle:

could you please help me to find my mistake? or this is the completely wrong way?

Best,
René :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275454 by krileon
CB Auto Actions acts on triggers. The only way you can schedule something like that is to use the Internal > Users trigger then use CRON to schedule a regular run of the Internal Users URL found within CB Auto Actions > Parameters. Acting on a trigger to do that will not work as nothing is firing that trigger for that user. Your usage of the parse function is also incorrect, see the below example.

Value: [cb:parse function="time"][lastvisitdate][/cb:parse]
Operator: Less Than or Equal To
Value: [cb:parse function="time" time="-3 MONTH"][cb:date format="Y-m-d H:i:s" /][/cb:parse]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: uncleron12345

8 years 4 months ago #275471 by uncleron12345
ok, i already thought i'm on a false way :silly:

thanks for your assistance!! :)

8 years 4 months ago #275476 by uncleron12345
me again,

i tried the way you suggested.
i configured one action.

Parameters is cron?
where to set the delay when cron runs?

or do i have a misunderstanding?

Attachments:

8 years 4 months ago #275485 by krileon
You need to contact your host regarding CRON scheduling. You'd need to schedule it to run the Internal Users URL found within CB Auto Actions > Parameters. The action it self just loops every CB user and checks if they haven't logged in within the last 3 months and performs your action. You can also run the Internal Users URL manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275498 by uncleron12345
ah okay, now i understand. to schedule a cron isn't a problem :)

so the setting shown on my screenshots above are correct so far?

//edit: sorry found it...
But where can i find the link exactly?
Is it the one shown under Global Tab? how can i access the link without being logged in in frontend?
//

how can i access the link without being logged in on frontend?
there are also no mails sent when i hit the link :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn