[#5720] Pending payment substitution with moderators

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276578 by webweaver.be
Hi,

A lot of our users pay by bank transfer (offline). So one of our moderators steps through the user flow to activate their membership plan for them. Everything works fine except for the "Pending payment" email (email integration plugin). The promotion in the email is calculated based on the promotion valid for the moderator instead of the one valid for the user. Everything else is correctly calculated (invoice doens't have the promotion applied). Only the line in the email is wrong. We are using PLAN_REGISTRATION_PRICE.

The email contains eg.
"EUR 285.00 for 1 March 2015 - 29 February 2016 The price for 1 March 2015 - 29 February 2016 is EUR 100.00 instead of EUR 285.00." However, the user isn't entitled to this promotion (the moderator is)

CB: 2.0.12
CBSubs: 4.0.1
Joomla: 3.4.8

Kind regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276605 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pending payment substitution with moderators
So the substitutions in the email are of the moderators fields and not the profile owners? Does this happen for the emails configured under the Presentation tab instead of from CBSubs Emails?

The promotion in the email is calculated based on the promotion valid for the moderator instead of the one valid for the user.

I don't understand what you mean by this. You're generating a promotion for the user and emailing it? How? Please clarify your issue further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276695 by webweaver.be
Replied by webweaver.be on topic Pending payment substitution with moderators
We defined a number of promotions based on (condition) a membertype field
We also created a user list that only our moderators can access
When they go to a users profile and perform the subscription for this user, the promotion itself is calculated correctly using the profile owners fields. The basket value is ok.
However, in the "pending payment" email the PLAN_REGISTRATION_PRICE message contains the promotion as it would be based on the moderators membertype.

We also use the [DISCOUNTED_PRICE] substitution on the promotions display. On the subscription tab of the profile, this also displays the promotion as it would be based on the moderators membertype instead of based on the profile owners membertype.

Regarding the email: this is the "pending payment" email. We haven't tried to use the emails from the presentation tab yet. We will try this later this week.

8 years 3 months ago #276711 by krileon
Are regular substitutions like [username] for example correct? It's just the CBSubs substitutions that are incorrect?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276712 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the cause of the issue. Those substitutions come from CBSubs Promotions, which currently uses the viewing user id instead of the subscription user id. This appears to be a known problem and is already noted in source. I've added a bug ticket for this for further investigation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: webweaver.be

8 years 3 months ago #276741 by webweaver.be
Replied by webweaver.be on topic Pending payment substitution with moderators
OK, that's good news! Do you have an indication when this will be fixed/released so we can inform our customer?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn