CB Activity Create an entry with a special asset ref

4 years 2 months ago #316897 by krileon
Remove the ->store() function usage and see if it still causes you issues. It of course won't save the asset, but it could confirm if there's a looping issue going on since that function does call the object update/create triggers.

I have also noticed that the geolocation of the address did not seem to work. Any gmaps api key to input somewhere ?

What do you mean it doesn't work? No API is needed. You simply input the address and it just links to Google maps. If you put the address in wrong then it of course won't work as expected. If browsing the site in HTTPS a button should be available to grab their lat and long then insert it into the input if they allow access to their location.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317003 by activha

If browsing the site in HTTPS a button should be available to grab their lat and long then insert it into the input if they allow access to their location.

The button is there, the authorization is given by Firefox dev for instance but there is no return in the input field thereafter.

Getting lat and long would be wonderful because we aim to a geofencing thing :-)

4 years 1 month ago #317004 by krileon
Not sure what to suggest as it appears to be working fine for me in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. My guess is you've something installed in your browser maybe that's blocking location API access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #317005 by activha
Just tested on all browsers and no returns , chrome, safari, firefox and firefox dev

Seems like it tries to open Plans on MacOS and maybe same thing on iOS so it should be an operating system thing maybe ?

4 years 1 month ago #317008 by krileon
It's possible your computer is blocking location sharing, yes. If that's the case then no browser will have access to that information on your computer. That feature is using navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition .

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 1 month ago #317011 by activha
no what I was explaining is that it may be a default feature on all Apple operating systems as we have the behavior on all iPhone, iPad and MacBook in the office.

I know this function, we used it last years but dropped it for native geoloc on iOS

Will dig further

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn