CBSubs Stripe Sepa recurring payments and triggers

3 years 10 months ago #319136 by activha
Mind to send me references so that we can show this to FIDUCIAL ?
Thing is also that we need to harmonize the invoices look, make them available in PDF, but that's another story :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319137 by beat
Sorry, that was a friend working at a very large accounting company that I asked privately. Maybe you can call up or write to the people from the French government site, that are there to help French companies ?

Technically, Hikashop and CBSubs are different invoicing cash-registers. We also use a different invoicing engine for our hosting offering, with different invoice numbering.

Yes, the invoice design and accounting convenience are a completely different story. :D

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 10 months ago #319138 by activha
We'll dig further for this possibility and I'll ask our accountants to search a little.

But even if we can have two invoicing systems there is still the thing regarding the issuance of invoices for recurring payments (before that the payment has been received ie 5 business days for SEPA payments) and the ability to split payments.

Will you enhance this ?

3 years 10 months ago #319141 by beat

activha wrote: We'll dig further for this possibility and I'll ask our accountants to search a little.

But even if we can have two invoicing systems there is still the thing regarding the issuance of invoices for recurring payments (before that the payment has been received ie 5 business days for SEPA payments) and the ability to split payments.

Will you enhance this ?

It is planned to implement a business process manager, which will be improving providing invoices for recurrent payments. No ETA, except that it's at least more than a couple of months away, as there are many other tasks in parallel of this long one.

Here too, invoice should be made "at time of delivery of service", but for obvious reasons the law also gives a tolerance for that, and you have one month tolerance to issue an invoice, according to EU regulations if you take a look at the 2 references you provided. E.g. the law allows to do payments at any time, but then do a monthly invoice for all items for which payments have been made during the month. That's typically how AWS and Netflix do it, to avoid zillions of micro-invoices. So law is strict, but gives the reasonable and needed tolerance for implementation.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 10 months ago #319142 by activha
I understand what you write, but that's just not how business companies work. They need their invoice quickly at the time of the subscription and also they need an invoice when a payment has already been debited by SEPA.

Applying this law strictly will just make us have problems with customers accounting department.

Moreover our subscription are yearly business contracts. Which means that when it's contracted, it's due even if the payment failed. For now if there is a failed payment it's just a canceling of the subscription.

I understand CBsubs perfectly well for customer driven subscription, but what is also needed is a supplier (us) driven subscription where we can manage the path entirely ourselves as we do for most of our customers. Could you envisage an option for that ? That would be an option in the subscription where it is not cancelable when subscribed and due until it's paid ? (sorry for my french but hope you get the idea ) :-)

3 years 10 months ago #319145 by beat
Indeed, CBSubs was not designed specifically for your use-case.

The future automated business manager should help make it more flexible to suit such use-cases, although no guarrantee can be given to anyone that CBSubs will suit his exact (but naturally evolving) use-case. By evolving, e.g. I can bet that the next request for your use-case will be automated reminders in case of non-payment in time lol. That and other reasones made me decide to try to design something more flexible in order to be able to cover more particular cases. ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn