Can't install or update CB packages

2 years 7 months ago #326445 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Can't install or update CB packages
Thank you I have sent them

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326446 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't install or update CB packages
Your site is throwing 403 Forbidden errors. You've server security blocking HTTP requests. More than likely it's mod_security. You'll have to contact your host about that.

Aside from that I am having no issues with installing things. Even the language plugin that failed to install for you installed fine for me. What browser are you using and what is its version? Our browserslist is as follows which limits what browsers we support.

>= 0.5%
last 2 major versions
not dead
Chrome >= 60
Firefox >= 60
Firefox ESR
iOS >= 12
Safari >= 12
not Explorer <= 11
not op_mini all

If you're using an unsupported browser that could be your issue. Could also just be a browser extension causing your problem. Please try a different browser like Chrome or FireFox depending on what you're currently using and see if that helps or at least be sure your current browser is up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326451 by MarlonFungai
Ok so this is what I ended up doing. I moved the installation to another server using akeeba back up. Then deleted the account on the previous whm cpanel account, created a new account and restored the back up. So far so good. I think the issue is caused somewhere in how cpanel restores full back ups. We ran into a database issue on WordPress and that got me thinking if it was server related. I also disabled mod_security. Anyway right now everything seems fine I will update this post should that change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 4 months ago #327452 by MarlonFungai
This issue has popped up again. Mod Security is disabled and I have tried in both the latest chrome and firefox I am unable to update my CB Plugins.

2 years 4 months ago #327458 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't install or update CB packages
As with your previous issue it's a server problem. I don't know what else to suggest. Check the response code when trying to update in your browsers developer tools (press F12 to open them) under the Network tab. If it's a 403 it's the same issue as before.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarlonFungai

2 years 4 months ago #327483 by MarlonFungai
I have contacted CPanel for assistance as indeed the 403 errors have returned and this may be a sign of a deeper underlying problem. I have a few questions from the CB side that might help. Not all the plugins give me an issue. The install breaks at the CB Payment Plugins is there anything in particular about the CB Payment Plugins and CB Auto Actions installs that might create a different response from the server?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn