CBsubs pricing options for renewal

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #337062 by markfajgenbaum
CBsubs pricing options for renewal was created by markfajgenbaum
Hi support,Sorry to bother but I’ve had a read of the documentation and searched the forums and I cant seem to find a solution to some unexpected behaviour on subscription renewal, which may be a bug, but more likely something I haven’t configured properly in the settings.

System: Joomla 5.0.2

CB: 2.9.1+build.2024.01.17.14.35.34.9d2a7ffab

CBsubs: 4.7.0+build.2023.12.21.00.45.45.077ce2b3a

Php: 8.2.14.  Localhost environment. 

I've set up 1 subscription type with 3 durations: 3-months, 6-months, 12 months as drop-downs.In testing, if I pay for and activate a 6 month subscription and go to my subscriptions page (via CB profile subs tab or the CBsubs module) and wish to renew, there is a button “Change Pricing and Options”.  Clicking this will allow me to alter the Renewal duration from 6-months to either 3-months or 12 months. All good so far. When I choose a different duration (say 12 months), I go to checkout page, it says 12 months renewal and the correct price for 12 months is shown, and then paid. All good so far. However, once paid, the subscription expiry date is only advanced by 6 months. It’s as though the time frame of the original purchase (6-m) is the only one being respected for pushing the expiry date forward, even when another duration option was chosen.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs pricing options for renewal
Strange, seams to be working fine in my tests. I created a plan with your exact configuration and it worked fine. Do you have any auto actions or CBSubs integrations acting on subscription state change for that plan? It's possible something is interrupting the parameter storage which it uses to keep track of what options are selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337079 by markfajgenbaum
Replied by markfajgenbaum on topic CBsubs pricing options for renewal
hi Kyle, 
no auto actions or integrations.  i'm using standard cassiopeia template, basic website with CB only installed.  

I've tried another user - same result.  I did a 3 month sub, then renewed with a 6 month sub, and the expiration on the second sub only pushed the expiry forward by 3 months. 
Attachments:

2 months 2 weeks ago #337083 by krileon
What payment gateway are you using? This seams to be working fine in my tests with the dummy test gateway. It's possible it's an issue in a specific gateway with how it accesses a subscriptions dates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337108 by markfajgenbaum
Replied by markfajgenbaum on topic CBsubs pricing options for renewal
it's offline payment. i cant try dummy as i dont have https on localhost atm.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337122 by krileon
Was able to confirm if renewing from expired/unsubscribed status. Thank you for letting us know. Am investigating to fix. Renewals while subscription is still active appear to be working fine though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn