[SOLVED] Family Plan & Renewing

3 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #337682 by AlexRag
[SOLVED] Family Plan & Renewing was created by AlexRag
I have added/enabled the Family Plan feature to an existing account and while testing with a user who has an expired plan, I now see the "Share Subscription" option on the reactivation page.

If the user is promoted to click on the button they are directed to an error page stating "No valid "do" action chosen".

I suspect this is because that plan has expired and thus the ability to share should not be permitted yet.    If this is normal behaviour is it possible to change that error message by using the Language override plugin so it makes more sense to them?

If the share button is not meant to be shown on this page, what setting do I need to configure to hide it until after they renew?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 weeks 5 days ago #337687 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Family Plan & Renewing
Strange, seams to work fine in my tests. The share subscription page will always be available since expiring doesn't break the sharing functionality and users need to be able to manage their shares. They won't be able to share the expired subscription though. That probably should be improved to only show the button if it has actually been shared though.

Please be sure the CBSubs Family Plans integration is public and published in CB > Plugin Management as it might be a plugin loading issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 4 days ago #337690 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Family Plan & Renewing
I only recently enabled the Famil Plan on an older existing plan.    Is there a way to customize the message if they happen to click on the button before they renew/reactivate the account?   That screenshot appeared when users logged in to an expired account.   That particular user had not shared the plan with anyone.

I checked and the Family Plan was enabled/public access.    

3 weeks 4 days ago #337700 by krileon
There shouldn't be a message when they click the button. It should simply go to the shared subscriptions page. It showing a message suggests the plugins endpoint isn't accessible for some reason. Is the user themselves clicking that button or are you as a moderator clicking that button? Those are 2 completely different access checks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #337724 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Family Plan & Renewing
If the user's membership has expired shouldn't they be prevented from doing anything until they renew/reactivate the membership?   Including changing/adding/removing shared users?  Or is the Share Membership feature meant to be accessible even with expired users''.    (Side note - there is no Free Plan so they do not ger downgraded)

Wouldn't it be better to hide it on the page that is blocking access until they renew?

I have logged in as the user whose membership expired. 

[ UPDATE:  I tested a user account and reactivated it and was able to properly invite and share access without issues.   Seems like the plugin is working okay as long as the user is activated. ]

3 weeks 2 days ago #337726 by krileon

If the user's membership has expired shouldn't they be prevented from doing anything until they renew/reactivate the membership? Including changing/adding/removing shared users? Or is the Share Membership feature meant to be accessible even with expired users''. (Side note - there is no Free Plan so they do not ger downgraded)

Wouldn't it be better to hide it on the page that is blocking access until they renew?

That cannot create new shares while expired. They can however see whom they've already shared to and remove those shares while expired. It wouldn't be good for them to not be able to manage those until renewed. However if the plan was never shared and it is expired then ideally the button should just not show and have added a feature ticket to implement this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9402

[ UPDATE: I tested a user account and reactivated it and was able to properly invite and share access without issues. Seems like the plugin is working okay as long as the user is activated. ]

The user was active or the subscription was active? They shouldn't even be able to login if their account is blocked. They should be able to reach that page fine even when expired and seams to work fine in my tests thus far. The error you saw should not be happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn