ACL groups question

14 years 8 months ago #108956 by ThePiston
ACL groups question was created by ThePiston
I'm assuming this means moving people from registered to editor, admin, etc?

Is there any other 3rd party extension that gives easy horizontal ACL? For example, I want all of my users to be "Registered" but I want to have about 10 subgroups of them. When they log in I want to be able to show some of them a module just for that one subgroup. Anything like that available?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #108963 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:ACL groups question
ThePiston wrote:

I'm assuming this means moving people from registered to editor, admin, etc?

Is there any other 3rd party extension that gives easy horizontal ACL? For example, I want all of my users to be "Registered" but I want to have about 10 subgroups of them. When they log in I want to be able to show some of them a module just for that one subgroup. Anything like that available?

CBSubs allows you to do this without creating extra groups. CBSubs plan subscriptions protect all aspects of Joomla content.

14 years 8 months ago #108965 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:ACL groups question
even if they all have the same basic plan? I'd liek to be able to have the option within a module to show it to those groups or not.

14 years 8 months ago #108981 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:ACL groups question
ThePiston wrote:

even if they all have the same basic plan? I'd liek to be able to have the option within a module to show it to those groups or not.

If they all are subscribed to the same plan, they all have same permissions.

What you want is outside the scope of CBSubs. You could modify a specific module to only show content when viewe by specific Group or wait for Joomla 1.6 when better ACL support should be present.

14 years 8 months ago #109002 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:ACL groups question
yeha, I've looked into some ACL extensions, but they seems strange to use. I'll probably wait until 1.6, but that'll mean losing most of my favorite extensions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn