plans revisited

14 years 6 months ago #114258 by camills
plans revisited was created by camills
if a plan contains a free trial period, is the user barred from getting another free trial if they lapse and sign up again? Is there a way of restricting users who have lapsed ar cancelled from getting on the same plan again?

I just want to throttle down the free-loaders who see it as smart to surf on continual trial periods....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114265 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:plans revisited
camills wrote:

if a plan contains a free trial period, is the user barred from getting another free trial if they lapse and sign up again? Is there a way of restricting users who have lapsed ar cancelled from getting on the same plan again?

I just want to throttle down the free-loaders who see it as smart to surf on continual trial periods....

If user signs up again with different username/password, then there is no way to know that the physical person at the other end has actually taken advantage of the free trial period.

14 years 6 months ago #114266 by camills
Replied by camills on topic Re:plans revisited
I can live with that - what if he lapses, waits a week, and then signs in with the same user/pw?

14 years 6 months ago #114267 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:plans revisited
camills wrote:

I can live with that - what if he lapses, waits a week, and then signs in with the same user/pw?

CBSubs does not remove a user when subscription ends, so username and email cannot be reused.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn