Icon Cube - What Is It For ?

14 years 4 months ago #121650 by LikeStuff
Icon Cube - What Is It For ? was created by LikeStuff
I had posted on the other forum about possibly purchasing CBSubs so that users have to pay before they can submit their registration using the CB registration form. I noticed Icon Cube is mentioned on the site and wondered:

1. What is it used for?
2. And is it required in order to use CBSubs?
3. And is there a cost for it.

Thanks!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #121656 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Icon Cube - What Is It For ?
LikeStuff wrote:

I had posted on the other forum about possibly purchasing CBSubs so that users have to pay before they can submit their registration using the CB registration form. I noticed Icon Cube is mentioned on the site and wondered:

1. What is it used for?
2. And is it required in order to use CBSubs?
3. And is there a cost for it.

Thanks!!

Answers are:

1. It is used to decrypt and check integrity of the ioncube-encoded CBSubs code during runtime. CBSubs is encoded for security, since it handles payment sensitive transactions. Encoding a system makes it basically hack-proof. Downside of course is that not even website admin has access to source code at this stage.

2. Yes it is required as noted in the prerequisites article here .

3. There is no cost for ioncube. Most host hosters have it included in their offerings. Even if it is not included, you can almost surely install the free runtime loader on your own ( www.ioncube.com/ ) .

I recommend to check with your hosting provider the list of prerequisites in (2).

I hope the above help.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/01/13 15:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn