Looking to buy CBsubs... few questions

14 years 4 months ago #122070 by kololo
1st off, I need to know If CBsubs has an affiliate system within? Or what system would work with it...

2nd, I have some custom code inside my site and it requires CB for registration, will it mess up my set up if I install the CBsubs (like directed emails etc.)

3rd, If I buy the 500 pack to start is it simply to pay the difference to unlimited users?!

4th, If I already have 400 members at my website can I easily transfer them as paying members?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #122074 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Looking to buy CBsubs... few questions
kololo wrote:

1st off, I need to know If CBsubs has an affiliate system within? Or what system would work with it...

There is no built-in affiliate system, but there is idevaffliate integration and PAP (Post Affiliate Pro) integration.

2nd, I have some custom code inside my site and it requires CB for registration, will it mess up my set up if I install the CBsubs (like directed emails etc.)

Without knowing what is customized (hacks are not advised, nor supported, because of the lack of ability to upgrade to future versions and know the effect the hacks will have on the rest of the site.), it's hard to say what effect your code will have on CBSubs. I doubt CBSubs will affect your code, since it is a separate plugin that integrates with CB, and it can be uninstalled if there is an affect.

3rd, If I buy the 500 pack to start is it simply to pay the difference to unlimited users?!

Yes.

4th, If I already have 400 members at my website can I easily transfer them as paying members?

Yes.

Thanks![/quote]

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 4 months ago #122076 by kololo
Replied by kololo on topic Re:Looking to buy CBsubs... few questions
Thanks for the super quick response! Now that I have those cleared up :), I do not have hacks for CB, but I have a hack for another component (freelance component from TemplatePlazza) that needs CB to work (registration process). Will uploading CBsubs effect this?

Next, Whats your take on both the affiliates and their integration with CBsubs?!

Pretty much I would need my users to be able to have referral links and what not!

14 years 4 months ago #122083 by nant
Also replied to your same questions sent to me by email.

Thread moved to presales area where it belongs ... only to see that same exact post was also made here.

(locking other threads - keeping this one open)

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS AT THE SAME TIME IN TWO DIFFERENT FORUM AREAS AND ALSO EMAILED.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/01/18 22:39

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn