Enquiry on features

14 years 11 months ago #94963 by vade27
Enquiry on features was created by vade27
Hi,

A few questions:

1. For subscription based plans, is it possible to set a fixed expiry date, eg. 31 December, regardless of when the user subscribes?

2. For subscription based plans, is it possible to offer different profiles upon registration depending on which plans the user chooses?

Example:
User chooses Plan A -> Registration Form A with one set of fields
User chooses Plan B -> Registration Form B with a different set of fields

3. Is CBSubs able to integrate with a Joomla ACL extension such as NoixACL to modify user groups based on their subscription plans?

Post edited by: vade27, at: 2009/04/15 07:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95012 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Enquiry on features
  1. No - there are multiples of fixed dates you may select. ( E.g. 1 year from now, 2 weeks from now, 30 days from now plus this week, etc.. ). You may however expire the plan at any time manually if so desired. (not advised, remember this is folks money you're dealing with)
  2. Yes.
  3. Not that I am aware. Haven't tried. ACL modifications are unsupported and therefor highly advised not to be used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95025 by vade27
Replied by vade27 on topic Re:Enquiry on features
Thanks for the prompt response.

Our subscription plans are such that no matter when a user signs up, the expiry date is fixed at a certain calendar date. Is it difficult/possible to modify CBSubs such that this feature is supported?

14 years 11 months ago #95052 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Enquiry on features
Some revised answers ..

vade27 wrote:

Hi,

A few questions:

1. For subscription based plans, is it possible to set a fixed expiry date, eg. 31 December, regardless of when the user subscribes?

There are plans the have a physical end. Example this physical year, or this month, etc.

2. For subscription based plans, is it possible to offer different profiles upon registration depending on which plans the user chooses?

Example:
User chooses Plan A -> Registration Form A with one set of fields
User chooses Plan B -> Registration Form B with a different set of fields

Yes, using the CB Tabs/Fields protect plugin described here:
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7205/75/

3. Is CBSubs able to integrate with a Joomla ACL extension such as NoixACL to modify user groups based on their subscription plans?

Post edited by: vade27, at: 2009/04/15 07:34

CBSubs can change Joomla recognized ACL groups upon plan activation and plan expiration.

14 years 11 months ago #95071 by vade27
Replied by vade27 on topic Re:Enquiry on features
Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like this will meet what I need!

Just one more clarification.

nant wrote:

Some revised answers ..

There are plans the have a physical end. Example this physical year, or this month, etc.

You say there are plans that have a physical end, eg. this year or this month. But is it possible to specify an arbitrary date? The subscription period to our website is from 1 June to 31 May, so all subscriptions must expire on 31 May, regardless of when the user signs up.

Is this possible?

14 years 11 months ago #95081 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Enquiry on features
vade27 wrote:

You say there are plans that have a physical end, eg. this year or this month. But is it possible to specify an arbitrary date? The subscription period to our website is from 1 June to 31 May, so all subscriptions must expire on 31 May, regardless of when the user signs up.

Is this possible?

Currently it is not possible to set an exact physical date.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn