AlphaUserPoints Integration

15 years 1 week ago #95491 by Polarwolf
AlphaUserPoints Integration was created by Polarwolf
On my site, everyone earns points doing different things liking commenting, posting new articles and etc. I use the AlphaUserPoints extension and I have some questions regarding it and CBSubs.

First Question:

Is there a way for example, a user signs up for the free Plan A that gives them basic site access and normal point amounts. When that user signs up for Plan B (paid), they are given enhanced access and double point amounts...is this possible somehow with CBSubs? If that user with Plan A comments on an article, they get one point. With Plan B, when they comment on an article, they get two points.

Second question:

When a user upgrades to a paid plan, they automatically get bonus points (after payment has cleared). Is that possible. This could also be if they donate money and they get bonus points or even purchase points that are automatically given when payment is cleared.

Third question:

A member of the AUP site forums created a plugin that allowed users to purchase anything from a VirtueMart site shop with their points balance. Will you guys be able to create a payment processor like that, which would allow a user to pay for a subscription plan with points or a combination of points and cash? I am VERY interested in this and I'm sure would interest a lot of webmasters that use AUP.

I thank you for your answers in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95492 by Polarwolf
Replied by Polarwolf on topic Re:AlphaUserPoints Integration
The third question could be handled a little differently. Maybe a module could turn points into a coupon code that would update their plan.

For example, convert 500 points into a coupon that upgrade a basic plan into a premium (paid) plan for one month.

The more I read about CBSubs, the more I love about it if what you guys are saying is true.

I saw that you would have scripts for Mosets Tree which I hope will limit the amount of listings a user can post based on plans.

15 years 1 week ago #95597 by Polarwolf
Replied by Polarwolf on topic Re:AlphaUserPoints Integration
I have searched the CBSubs forum and I think it may be possible to do some of the things that I asked about with the SQL Query plugin. My only problem is that no one answered my questions or attempted to.

I still would like to know if my third question from my original post is possible.

15 years 1 week ago #95618 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:AlphaUserPoints Integration
Sorry for a little late reply on Monday morning to your Saturday afternoon question, but this is the first real week-end that the CBSubs team took (while still monitoring forum and site for any urgency!), 4 days after release, the short break was badly needed, thanks for you understanding. ;)

I don't know how AlphaUserPoints stores its points. But if they are stored in a CB field as a CB Integer field type, then the CBFields integration plugin can do maths (like add X to CB integer field and optionally remove on unsubscription).

Otherwise, probably an SQL query would do the trick.

Finally, if needed we can develop on request (PM me for quote if needed) further integration plugin, or the SQL query for you, that will then be made available to the CBSubs community. As a matter of fact, a good part of the SQL queries in the list of examples have been sponsored by beta-testers!

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 days ago #96595 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:AlphaUserPoints Integration
I would also be very interested in having an integration with AlphaUserPoints. As Polarwolf mentioned, there are a lot of webmasters using AlphaUserPoints out there and it has become essential to have this integrated with the components in the site.

Having it integrate with CBSubs would be fantastic and make AlphaUserPoints' users get CBSubs in a heartbeat!

Please keep us updated if and when such an integration becomes available.

Carlos

15 years 2 days ago #96605 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:AlphaUserPoints Integration
Although it doesn't provide full integration, maybe this will hold you till one exists.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn