CB MassMail

13 years 4 months ago #151192 by laptoproadie
CB MassMail was created by laptoproadie
We need a means to send out newsletters to users that have the 'newsletter' field in the user table set to 1.

I know there is a feature to send an email to every CB user, but can we filter that list down to only users who have the newsletter field set to 1?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #151193 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB MassMail

laptoproadie wrote: We need a means to send out newsletters to users that have the 'newsletter' field in the user table set to 1.

I know there is a feature to send an email to every CB user, but can we filter that list down to only users who have the newsletter field set to 1?

Thanks!

If I understand the question correctly, yes you can.

Yes use the advanced search on your CB User Manager backend to filter the Users by whatever criteria you want (e.g., all users that have newsletter field = 1). Then change the Display# drop down parameter on the screen to show all results. Then Click the checkbox to select all the items in the result set and use the Mass Email feature on this screen to send a message.

I believe that the latest AcyMailing newsletter extension has very good CB integration allowing you to import the set to a AcyMailing newsletter and send the newsletter you want.

13 years 3 months ago #151788 by laptoproadie
Replied by laptoproadie on topic Re: CB MassMail
Nant,

Thanks for your help. We are going to use the exact method you suggested for sending out newsletters.

Perhaps when we have more time we can create a plugin or component that integrates with CB and provides a nice backend interface to create the newsletters as well as send them out, but for now this will do!

13 years 3 months ago #151798 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB MassMail
You can also use AcyMailing as it integrates nicely with CB.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds