Showing subscriptions, Payment process issues

12 years 11 months ago #165482 by dododo
I've posted these questions in another topic but it's locked.

When users already logged in, how could they see the list of subscriptions they purchased and the others they've NOT purchased yet (in front end) ??

They need only to review the subscriptions tab of their profile.

By default it just appears on the profile page. It's on the left-side as a module too.
Could I set it to show on the profile editing page?
(See the attached images)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #165483 by dododo
I perform the payment test with CBSubs.
I created a test account at Paypal, and add Paypal payment gateway in CBSubs backend.

2. As a user, I selected subscription in registration, clicked the Register button and went to the payment page, clicked on Paypal button, went to Paypal site to perform payment, I got the billing. Everything seemed fine.
Then, went back to my site by clicking the link Paypal told, I just saw a blank page. You may see the image file: "blank page - back from paypal.png", some kind of error.
How could I fix this? Does it mean the payment process didNOT totally complete? I think it might be the reason for the 2.point.

3. Plz view 2 other image files. The subscriptions are all unpaid.
It seems like the admin has to confirm that payment manually, then the user's subscription will be activated, is that the way CBSubs works?
How could I config so the users may just perform payment and activation could be automatically done ??
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #165485 by dododo
4. My plans are organized like this:
*Plan A (exclusive, no upgrade)
- Plan A 3 months (exclusive)
- Plan A 6 months (exclusive)
- Plan A 12 months (exclusive)
*Plan B (exclusive, no upgrade)
- Plan B 3 months (exclusive)
- Plan B 6 months (exclusive)
[]Plan C optional
[]Plan D optional

I just want the parent to be like a category, and once the users subscribed to a child, they only upgrade to a child of same parent.

If I set a child plan (- Plan A 3 months ) as selected by default if the parent's selected, does it mean the user subscribes both the parent & the child one?

12 years 11 months ago #165510 by krileon

Could I set it to show on the profile editing page?

No, CBSubs can not be placed in profile edit and remain functional. It contains its own FORMs and profile edit is a single form; you can not have forms within forms.

2. As a user, I selected subscription in registration, clicked the Register button and went to the payment page, clicked on Paypal button, went to Paypal site to perform payment, I got the billing. Everything seemed fine.
Then, went back to my site by clicking the link Paypal told, I just saw a blank page. You may see the image file: "blank page - back from paypal.png", some kind of error.
How could I fix this? Does it mean the payment process didNOT totally complete? I think it might be the reason for the 2.point.

Please perform the same test with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration. White pages are typical to out of memory errors, but with the debugging enabled you should see on-screen errors. If not please review server error log to see what happened. It's possible your return URL configured in PayPal is incorrect.

3. Plz view 2 other image files. The subscriptions are all unpaid.
It seems like the admin has to confirm that payment manually, then the user's subscription will be activated, is that the way CBSubs works?
How could I config so the users may just perform payment and activation could be automatically done ??

No, the plans are not registering as paid because either you've IPN not configured correctly or that issue 2 is causing the IPN to not be processed. Either or would prevent CBSubs from receiving confirmation of payment and thus will not activate the subscription. Only Offline payments made through the Offline gateway need admin approval.

If I set a child plan (- Plan A 3 months ) as selected by default if the parent's selected, does it mean the user subscribes both the parent & the child one?

Yes, CBSubs has no "categories" the parent plan is required to obtain a child plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dododo

12 years 11 months ago #165606 by dododo

No, the plans are not registering as paid because either you've IPN not configured correctly or that issue 2 is causing the IPN to not be processed. Either or would prevent CBSubs from receiving confirmation of payment and thus will not activate the subscription. Only Offline payments made through the Offline gateway need admin approval.

I've enabled the IPN in Paypal account of seller.
Returning from paypal seems to be successful now as the attached image shows. But when I view the Subscriptions and Baskets page in the backend, that new user status still is Registered Unpaid & Pending. Why?
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #165654 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look. If a plan is not becoming active it would imply the IPN is not reaching the site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn