Skip to Content Skip to Menu

filter users by expired subs warning

12 years 10 months ago #167764 by Thelowlandpiper
filter users by expired subs warning was created by Thelowlandpiper
Just a warning to user managers : I have been using the filter for the User Management list; select by plan/select by status to give me a list of expired memberships; I have then used the mass email to send out reminders. I get many replies from people who have renewed but have chosen a different plan; this is recorded in the database as a new subscription; so beware; just because a user appears on the expired subs list DOESNT mean they are not subscribed.
There also appears to be no entry in the 'Replaced by' field for these expired subscriptions; [the users involved 'downgraded' their subscription, ie they selected a cheaper option]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 10 months ago #167797 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: filter users by expired subs warning
Thanks for sharing the explanation and experience.

Indeed, it works as intended, even if can be surprising.

Status "Upgraded" is only for mutually exclusive plans being upgraded while active. Expired plans stay expired if the user subscribes to another plan after expiration of the first one.

Things can become even more complex if you allow more than one instance of a plan...

Do you have ideas how to make this better understandable through the user-interface ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon