[SOLVED] Profile of user who never logged in is inactive

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169645 by userbk
Hey,

I noticed that I have users registering to be part of my site's listing but they sometimes don't bother logging in even once.

The problem is that if they don't, there is no URL generated for their account and therefore they cannot be seen. I REALLY need them to be visible whether or not they signed in. How do I fix that? Also, how do I make the users who ALREADY registered active without having to change their password and log in FOR them.

I do not require approval or confirmation to register on the site.

Thnx,
BK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169655 by nant

userbk wrote: Hey,

I noticed that I have users registering to be part of my site's listing but they sometimes don't bother logging in even once.

The problem is that if they don't, there is no URL generated for their account and therefore they cannot be seen.

I do not understand what you mean by this - please explain.

12 years 9 months ago #169661 by userbk
When a user registers, it creates an account. However, the url to his/her account is only created when that user logs in the first time and therefore the new member's profile is not viewable. I need that URL and the new member's profile to be created immediately after registration so that even if the user who registered never signed in, he/sh will still be added to search results and their profile be visible.

Am I making sense? :)

12 years 9 months ago #169664 by nant

userbk wrote: When a user registers, it creates an account. However, the url to his/her account is only created when that user logs in the first time and therefore the new member's profile is not viewable. I need that URL and the new member's profile to be created immediately after registration so that even if the user who registered never signed in, he/sh will still be added to search results and their profile be visible.

Am I making sense? :)

Perhaps an example URL?
Sorry a URL is not created upon login.
Perhaps you have some kind of SEF extension installed?
User profiles are available upon user creation and have nothing to do with user logging in.

12 years 9 months ago #169704 by userbk
Sorry N, you were right, it was my SEF extension.
Thanks for answering,
BK

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn