[PASSWORD ] not being sent with Welcome email

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169658 by edjec
System: CB 1.4, Subs 1.2.1, Joomla 1.5.23.

I have one issue left that is keeping me from going live and I can't seem to find a solution for it;

On new member registration, [PASSWORD] is not being sent by the configuration Welcome email, [USERNAME] is sent. Ex: (Your Login: test3 and Password: [PASSWORD] are~) It doesn't matter if the password is generated or input by the user - neither are sent.

Even when using cbsubs_email pluggin, the password is not sent on activation; (sending user ID:test3 and password: [PASSWORD]) nor is it being sent with the Plan's Email workflow text - "Email on first activation" .

Config settings I'm aware of that affect the above:

Require Admin Approval No
Require Email Confirmation Yes

I know this isn't related to the above registration, but on file import with CBJuice 2, the password is sent using [CBJPASSWORD].

This is probably something simple I'm missing, but I don't know where else to look.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169693 by krileon
The password can only be sent with the Pending email configured within CB configuration on the registration tab. It can not be sent at any other time as by then it's encrypted. The password CAN be sent with Welcome email assuming you've random password generation enabled as well as confirmation and approval enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169694 by edjec

krileon wrote: The password can only be sent with the Pending email configured within CB configuration on the registration tab. It can not be sent at any other time as by then it's encrypted. The password CAN be sent with Welcome email assuming you've random password generation enabled as well as confirmation and approval enabled.

I understand the password encryption issue and have studied the workflow, but if I understand this correctly; the password will not be sent unless registrations must be approved by an administrator?

That means that if it is desired to allow registrants to be automatically confirmed, no password will be sent?

Thanks krileon

Update:

I just tested this by changing the Require Admin Approval and Confirmation selections to Yes. However, the password is still not being sent in the Welcome email and the Pending email was not sent at all.

Am I being dense or might there be something else at work here?

12 years 9 months ago #169701 by krileon

I understand the password encryption issue and have studied the workflow, but if I understand this correctly; the password will not be sent unless registrations must be approved by an administrator?

That is IF you're using random generated passwords AND have placed the password in the welcome email.

That means that if it is desired to allow registrants to be automatically confirmed, no password will be sent?

No the confirmation email is the Pending email, which is where you should have the password substitution.

I just tested this by changing the Require Admin Approval and Confirmation selections to Yes. However, the password is still not being sent in the Welcome email and the Pending email was not sent at all.

This is ONLY if you're using generated passwords.

In most cases you should not be sending the password in the Welcome email and it HAS to be the Pending email in ALL cases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169705 by edjec
Thanks for sticking with me on this Kyle, but I believe I have followed your instructions to the letter.

To quote from the CB Detail Manual page 60 "Workflow Require Confirmation; the flow is as such:
1. Application Form Completed
2. Application Form Submission
3. Pending Approval Message sent to applicants email address
4. Applicant Confirms Email by clicking on the embedded URL link

Step 3 is NOT occurring.

I am using Generated passwords and have the password tag in the Pending Approval email.

Autogenerate password and Confirmation email are both set ON. Tested with Admin Approval both YES/NO.

Results: Pending email is NOT being sent.

Note: As long as I have been testing this system (months), a Pending Approval email has NEVER been sent.

??

12 years 9 months ago #169740 by krileon
AH, sorry I was understanding that the password was not being sent. Instead the entire email isn't. Please check that none of your CBSubs plans are overriding confirmation and disabling the pending email on the Worflows tab of your plans. Please also test from user management the mass mailer feature to ensure emails are being sent at all. Simply filter the userlist to a single user you own the email address to then click Mass Mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn