[SOLVED] Can't create new fields with CB Field Manager

12 years 9 months ago #169964 by railer
Note that trying to click on the "Next" navigation link at the bottom of the CB Field Manager page also gives the same error.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169965 by railer

nant wrote: unpublish Fabrik, CBreCaptcha and Consolidated Tab and try creating a new field.

Still the same error.

12 years 9 months ago #170011 by krileon
You can't simply unpublish conflicting plugins for it to fix field management as field management loads plugins regardless of publish status to prevent fieldtypes plugins from causing problems when unpublished. Please find another location like when editing a user (save not working) where issues are also present then test disabling 1 by 1. Otherwise you'll need to do complete uninstalls to test for the conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170033 by railer
Thanks Kyle,

Hmmm, well I haven't come across any other things in CB that aren't working, yet. I'll keep looking.

I do have to make a whole bunch of fields very soon, so this is a major pain to have to resolve.

Do you know of any known issues with the extensions I mentioned above? I guess I'll start with the ones Nick mentioned. (Fabrik last, since I'm using that.) Will post the findings here.

Btw, are there any maximum field limitations within CB? I need to make from between 3 - 7 tabs for my profiles, each of which will have approximately 45 fields in it. Can CB handle that kind of profile data?

Thanks,
railer

12 years 9 months ago #170083 by krileon

Do you know of any known issues with the extensions I mentioned above? I guess I'll start with the ones Nick mentioned. (Fabrik last, since I'm using that.) Will post the findings here.

Would just work your way through non-Joomlapolis and non-Core plugins 1 by 1 until resolved. If it's not happening in other locations then it's likely it's a fieldtype plugin causing it if there are any present.

Btw, are there any maximum field limitations within CB?

Just column size limit of MYSQL for the _comprofiler table. Sometimes this will cap you out at about 100ish fields. We're looking to better handle column types so column size is minimal removing any sort of field limit.

I need to make from between 3 - 7 tabs for my profiles, each of which will have approximately 45 fields in it. Can CB handle that kind of profile data?

Absolutely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170385 by jpapan
Enable Legacy 1.0 plugin and you will be able to add new field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn