[#2667] 1.7 RC bug in Back-end

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170292 by Erwan35
[#2667] 1.7 RC bug in Back-end was created by Erwan35
Hello Joomlapolis
Config Joomla 1.6.4 CB 1.7 (installed today)
On my sandbox site I've set several Joomla 1.6 user groups
With the 1.7 and logged as super admin, I could edit users with Admin Joomla user module but when I tried to access from CB users module I got the message "Only higher-level users have this power". I could edit only "registered" users, not users from J 1.6 customized user groups.
I was a bit surprised but I realized that the single modification was the CB upgrade.
I installed again 1.4 and...no problem.

So I allow me to report. I do not know if it is the right place but I did not found a 1.7 forum
Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170294 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 1.7 RC bug in Back-end
Your Joomla version is 2 releases out of date.Please update to J1.7 and confirm if issue still present. J1.6 will become obsolete in 1 month according to Joomla team. If you first upgrade to J1.6.5 you can then update to J1.7 from J1.6.5s backend without having to download anything. Please visit Joomla.org for further instructions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170367 by Erwan35
Replied by Erwan35 on topic Re: 1.7 RC bug in Back-end
I upgraded to Joomla 1.7.0 and still have the problem. I can edit the users from admin Joomla users Manager but not from CB.
Note that field and Tab from Community-builder-profile pro are unpublished.
I reported to the component author forum a bug that looks like a bit this problem, see below.

www.joomduck.com/support-forum/community-builder-profile-pro/version-2x/general/5321-cb_profiletype-field-admin-be-j-16-cb-users.html

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170369 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: 1.7 RC bug in Back-end

Erwan35 wrote: I upgraded to Joomla 1.7.0 and still have the problem. I can edit the users from admin Joomla users Manager but not from CB.
Note that field and Tab from Community-builder-profile pro are unpublished.
I reported to the component author forum a bug that looks like a bit this problem, see below.

www.joomduck.com/support-forum/community-builder-profile-pro/version-2x/general/5321-cb_profiletype-field-admin-be-j-16-cb-users.html

Does this happen on a clean CB17RC website without the extra pro plugin?

Sorry I cannot replicate here.

12 years 9 months ago #170389 by Erwan35
Replied by Erwan35 on topic Re: 1.7 RC bug in Back-end
Hello
I've set up a 100% new Joomla 1.7 install. Only C.B. 1.7. Only com_profiler 0 module 0 plugin.
User Manager > Option > New user Registration Group = Sitegroup1
Logged as super admin, I can edit from Joomla user module but not from CB user module.
I can PM site URL and admin login to verify if it may help
Regards

12 years 9 months ago #170397 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 1.7 RC bug in Back-end
Please check what usergroup "Sitegroup1" is a child of. J1.6-17 ACL is very easy to change, but it can be catastrophic if it's not setup appropriately in a parent>child relationship. For example please ensure it's a child of the "Registered" user group. If it's a new parent group all together then it's considered "incognito" and CB likely won't be able to do anything with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn