[SOLVED] upgrading subs

12 years 9 months ago #170671 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: upgrading subs

lemaudit wrote: Holy Cow! Are you serious? Is there a work around? a temporary fix? A way to roll back without restoring a backup? This is huge. It would have been a deal breaker when I purchased this product and it's a show stopper now. I have tons of homeowners losing their homes and foreclosure defense attorneys coming to this site. It was plugged on HuffPost in my article: www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-zombeck/money-held-hostage-by-eas_b_905309.html

and on 20 other sites 3 days ago. This is no small issue. How does that work? You log it as a bug and announce that an issue of this magnitude will be fixed in the next release? When is the next release? What do we do in the meantime? How do my visitors register? This entire process is central to the site.

Your attitude to this seems a bit cavalier, which is concerning given the amount of sites affected by this.

Rolling back is easy: just backup as usual, and then install CBSubs 1.2.0 with integration plugins, mambot and module over 1.2.1 and it will work as before. (or check your PM for fixed version: in that case installing over the main plugin and ignoring the versions warnings is ok too).

This issue, which got introduced in one of the last bug-fixes of CBSubs 1.2.1, is only present on Joomla 1.5 (we could not confirm it on Joomla 1.7), and only in particular settings. That's why we didn't see it on our final tests before release.

However, we are taking it very seriously, and I think that we are providing here very correct service to you and to the community:
  • within hours of your post made in the night of Saturday to Sunday, we tried to reproduce the bug in several settings, until we could reproduce it
  • Nick then replied within 5 hours on a Sunday morning that we could confirm it,
  • we have worked on finding the bug and fixing it within hours again, and have offered by PM to email you a fixed version as soon as we get reply from you.
  • additionally, we are now preparing a CBSubs 1.2.2 release that will address this bug for general release.
Appart that this bug should not have been in the 1.2.1 release even in particular settings, if there is anything that is not correct in our handling please let us know.

Back to work on the 1.2.2 release.

Hope that we can get your confirmation on the fixed version soon too. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170676 by lemaudit
Replied by lemaudit on topic Re: upgrading subs
thanks guys. Admittedly my initial reaction is to panic. I worked in software and tech support and dev for 15 years and now write documentation, so my initial reaction based on intimate knowledge is that people don't care about putting out crap. You are obviously not part of that generalization and I want to thank you for your diligence on this. Pip-pip.

Thanks to the awesomeness that is CB, you guys really stepped up. Thanks. And thank you for not pointing out what an idiot I am to have missed something as simple as not installing everything necessary .... talk about egg on my face. Thanks Nick .... you are the cat's meow. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn