Automatic Gender specific Avatar - CB 1.7

12 years 9 months ago #171468 by jojo12
Hi there,
I uploaded CB 1.7 on joomla 1.5.23 and on joomla 1.7.0.
Until now I didn't find any problems.

The only thing I am a little bit disappointed is, that automatic gender support doesn't work anymore, need to adapt the files (in funlite is all prepaired for that).
(it's a pity because all our girls looks actually really male :lol: )

will there be an adapted solution?

Would be great, thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171520 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Automatic Gender specific Avatar - CB 1.7
There is no gender specific code in the source. We provide multiple genders or no gender profile images simply for your convenience. This is something that maybe possible with CB 2.0. You could also use incubator project CB Fields to change a uses default avatar if no avatar is supplied based on a gender field. You'd need to have the gender specific avatars be gallery images and enable the gallery. Once done you'd change the avatar to "gallery/GENDER.EXT".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171550 by mark102
Replied by mark102 on topic Re: Automatic Gender specific Avatar - CB 1.7
Doesn't cb.core.php exists in CB 1.7? I've got an hack (I've found on this forum) on that files for avatar changing by gender in CB 1.4. Isn't it possible in this new version of CB?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171554 by jojo12
There are gender specific avatars in funlite.
But you're right there is no specific code in cb 1.7.
But there was a hack for cb 1.2 and cb 1.4 for that. I found it here in the forum.
But the hack for cb 1.4 does not work (even not in joomla 1.5.23)
I hope this hack will be adapted, because I am not a programmer, I am only a bugfinder. :-)

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171557 by mark102
Replied by mark102 on topic Re: Automatic Gender specific Avatar - CB 1.7
I've got CB 1.4 and J1.5.23 and that hack it's working perfectly. If it can be useful I will provide you that file with gender hack because was deleted in its original topic (I don't know why, maybe we haven't any authorization to post core files with personal modification. And it's very understandable because this procedure could be corrupt the CB functioning.) I'm not a programmer but it's working perfectly.

12 years 9 months ago #171566 by jojo12
I have gender suport hack for cb 1.4 and that hack worked perfectly.
But we have now CB 1.7 for Joomla 1.5 too. When you update, then that hack for cb1.4 doesn't work anymore. When I compare the files, there is much more changed from cb 1.4 to cb 1.7 even for joomla 1.5!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.101 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn