#2740 CB Subs Promotions

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174109 by boyjahq
#2740 CB Subs Promotions was created by boyjahq
I have a question and a problem:

Question:

Does CB Subs Promotions take grace periods into account for the date field Expiry Date of User Subscription?

Problem

I can't get CB Subs Promotion Conditionals to work properly. When I compare an expiration date to now("Order Date of the order wanting to use this promotion"), it doesn't matter what order I put the dates in, and which is greater or less, the coupon field fails to show on my invoice.

In fact, if I do something as simple as Date A <> Date B for any kind of date, the coupon field fails to show.

If I set the date fields as not relevant, then the coupon field shows.

The ideal state is to have a coupon available within the period of 30 days following the account expiration + grace period.

Joomla 1.6.6
CB 1.7
CB Subs 1.2.2
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174696 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Subs Promotions
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Actually we have also been doing some tests since you brought this up.

Your Question:
Does CB Subs Promotions take grace periods into account for the date field Expiry Date of User Subscription?

Answer: No

Regarding the problem. It appears that there is a bug with date comparisons. We have also encountered something similar using conditions on a promotion.

Sorry for inconvenience - will notify you when fix or work-around is ready.

12 years 7 months ago #174702 by nant

nant wrote: Your Question:

Answer: No

Revising above answer after internal consultation with Beat:

For Expiry Date: No
For Status: Active/Expired: Yes

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174742 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: CB Subs Promotions
Hey Nick,

Thanks for the update.

I'm not sure what you meant by the revision after your consultation with Beat.

I understand that it isn't counted in for the date comparison field Expiry Date, but I'm not sure what was meant by the For Status: Active/Expired option.

Does this mean that if the state selected from the options list is "Expired" and one of the conditionals is, "Expiry Date of User Subscription Above" that grace period will be taken into account, but that if the state is "Unsubscribed" and the conditional used is "Expiry Date of User Subscription Above" that it will not be factored in?

Our main concern is that we can have a coupon available within the period of 30 days following the account expiration + grace period. (Even better would be to have a coupon available for the 30 days prior to account expiration + grace period).

The reason we need the grace period factored in is because we use grace periods to create uncommon plan lengths (1 year, 3 months for example).

12 years 7 months ago #174746 by nant

boyjahq wrote: Hey Nick,

Thanks for the update.

I'm not sure what you meant by the revision after your consultation with Beat.

I understand that it isn't counted in for the date comparison field Expiry Date, but I'm not sure what was meant by the For Status: Active/Expired option.

Means that the plan is still considered in active state during the grace period.

12 years 7 months ago #174755 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: CB Subs Promotions
If I'm understanding you correctly, then what we want to do is not possible with CB Subs Promotions.

For example:

A plan is set to 1 year with a 3 month grace period.

The user receives their expiration email at 1 year 3 months. The email says that if they renew their account within 30 days that they will save $15.

The conditionals on the promotion are set to:

State: Expired
Date A: Order Date of Order Wanting to Use This Promotion
Date B: Expiry Date of User Subscription Above

This promotion won't work- the account will be considered expired at 1 year 3 months, but then it makes Date B the period 1 year to 1 year + 30 days and not 1 year 3 months to 1 year 3 months + 30 days.

Is that accurate?

If so, is there any other way to accomplish this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn