[SOLVED] Manual Subscriptions Clarification

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174394 by LindaGLS
Can you clarify this for me?

If someone has a manual subscription, does that mean it was implemented from the backend by an administrator? And if so, how does the customer get charged that manual subscription?

Where my confusion is coming from is this...

It does not appear the customer is charged, however, there is an auto-email in presentation for manual renewal pending payment and manual renewal. If a charge needs to be processed, how do you make the payment pending email for manual renewal trigger rather than the manual renewal email?

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174399 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Manual Subscriptions Clarification

LindaGLS wrote: Can you clarify this for me?

If someone has a manual subscription, does that mean it was implemented from the backend by an administrator? And if so, how does the customer get charged that manual subscription?

Where my confusion is coming from is this...

It does not appear the customer is charged, however, there is an auto-email in presentation for manual renewal pending payment and manual renewal. If a charge needs to be processed, how do you make the payment pending email for manual renewal trigger rather than the manual renewal email?

Thanks,
Linda

Giving someone a subscription from the backend basically bypasses the payment process.
If you require payment you should handle that through some other process. E.g., have user make payment before you manually give subscription.

12 years 8 months ago #174401 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Manual Subscriptions Clarification
Okay. That helps a ton. So if someone were to mail in a check for payment, then we would implement a manual subscription that could say something about admin has activated their subscription a check being received and that it is valid for 1 duration and they would have to renew to create auto-renewal.

So is the manual renewal pending payment email ever triggered? I'm trying to figure out if I need text in that area or not, and if so, need to make sure I have the correct verbiage.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #174405 by nant

LindaGLS wrote: So is the manual renewal pending payment email ever triggered? I'm trying to figure out if I need text in that area or not, and if so, need to make sure I have the correct verbiage.

There is no expected payment so there is no pending state.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaGLS

12 years 8 months ago #174412 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Manual Subscriptions Clarification
Okay. To confirm, there are no situations that ever trigger the manual renewal pending payment email available in a plan's presentation.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #174415 by nant

LindaGLS wrote: Okay. To confirm, there are no situations that ever trigger the manual renewal pending payment email available in a plan's presentation.

correct
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaGLS

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn