[SOLVED] copying a cb website

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #175071 by kssulliv
[SOLVED] copying a cb website was created by kssulliv
I recently decided to create a testing site for one of my community builder sites so that I can ensure that new updates will work with my add ons. so I downloaded all the files from the original website and uploaded them to the testing site, then exported all the database tables and imported them on the new site, then I made the needed changes to the joomla configuration file. So now the first page is working, joomla articles and the administrator login but when I try to log in using cb login to log into the front end I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>uploadto/public_html/b2btesting/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_pmsuddeiminbox/pms.showinbox.php on line 1

any idea what step I missed?/how to fix this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #175085 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: copying a cb website
looks like you missed something from uddeIM side as the message is related with uddeIM plugin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssulliv

12 years 8 months ago #175092 by Madan
Replied by Madan on topic Re: copying a cb website
Hi kssuliv!

Don't know if it's a useful tip for you, but I've been "cloning" my site several times without any problems and my installation is stacked with plugins. UddeIM as well.

I use the free version of Akeeba back-up when I clone and re-install. It's really-really simple; even for a web-novice like my self :)

Well, might be worth a try if you don't get 'round your problem by other means?

Take care!
/Daniel
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, kssulliv

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn