How to edit target url of aktivation link

12 years 7 months ago #176371 by PeterOstmann
How to edit target url of aktivation link was created by PeterOstmann
Hi Forum, Hi folks!

I have a big problem. I'm new to CB but the documentation is really useful and easy to understand. My current problem is:

In one of my projects CB is only needet for the registration process. Users will not be able to Edit their profile after sign up.

(Maybe this causes a) Failure. The activation e-Mail reaches the user but if he clicks on the link he gets redirected to our page --> and there he gets a failure Message.
Activation is still done (but this failure message is not really nice and much less if professional)

How can I affect this link? Is there a chance to define the target page by myself?

I hope somebody can help me!

Thank you very much ahead!

Peter

Link to the site is:
http: // www. studenten-charity. de

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176421 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to edit target url of aktivation link
You can't change the activation link, it must reach CB for CB to activate the user. I recommend using incubator project CB Redirect and redirecting users away from profile on the before profile edit and profile view triggers. This way you've CB capable of functioning as is needed, but have profile edit and profile view disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176565 by PeterOstmann
Replied by PeterOstmann on topic Re: How to edit target url of aktivation link
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your reply. Is it possible that you can take a look at it? We have updatet CB to the stable version. Also the redirect plugin is installed. But Even after activation, and only by the first login we get an error message. But the Login is still successful!

What will I need to put in the trigger? OnFirstLogin? I tried this already but nothing has happend.

If you could be so kind to register and then take a look on the error message. We are kind of desperate because we cannot locate the error.

Thanks ahead!

Peter

12 years 7 months ago #176596 by krileon
The triggers you'll want to use in your redirect are as follows, which will redirect the user if they try to navigate to a profile or to profile edit.

onBeforeUserProfileEditDisplay,onBeforeUserProfileDisplay

What is the message that users are receiving exactly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176772 by PeterOstmann
Replied by PeterOstmann on topic Re: How to edit target url of aktivation link
The Message in German is:

Keine Berechtigung,
Eine Abmeldung ist erforderlich.

translated it was:

Access Denied
A logout is needet.

This Message appears only on the first login after activation. The Login is still successful.
Any suggestions how to turn off this message ?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

12 years 7 months ago #176820 by krileon
No idea, it's not a CB error but a Joomla error. Seams like the page you're trying to redirect to is invalid perhaps. Please navigate to CB > Configuration > Registration and check the first time login redirect URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn