ARBs not autorecurring in CB

12 years 7 months ago #176413 by LindaGLS
ARBs not autorecurring in CB was created by LindaGLS
We just completed our first week of 1 week subscriptions where all were listed as Manadatory Autorecurring with notifications.

For some reason, the first week of subscribers did not renew in CBSubs and instead expired, however, Authorize.net does have them listed as ARB and charged their cards as they should.

Additionally, the expired email was triggered to them, and one of the customers logged in a renewed their subscription (which I assume will now charge their cc again). What's more baffling to me is that the email that was triggered upon her renewal was the manual renewal email, which I was under the impression only when out if someone in admin renewed someone. Her subscription once again shows Manadatory Autorecurring with notification.

Please help so this week's folks actually autorenew instead of expire.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdw2300

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176687 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: ARBs not autorecurring in CB
Hi. I'm really desperate for some help on this one. 2 more subscriptions expired last night rather than renewing (although they did process via ARB in Authorize.net). Both customer accounts show they need to manually reactivate rather than it autorenewing as it should have.

Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 7 months ago #176736 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: ARBs not autorecurring in CB
Hi Linda,

Most probably you have not setup "Silent posts" in Authorize.net administration area (described in CBSubs manual 1.2.2 page 175 and following as well). You can easily check if IPNs are arriving from Authorize.net in "Notifications" list of CBSubs.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 7 months ago #176797 by LindaGLS
Thank you for your reply. I had initially set up the silent post but apparently the URL changed when I had to uninstall and reinstall CBSubs a few weeks back as it it was off now by 1 digit in the URL. I have updated the link for silent post and hope CBSubs will now start getting the renewal information from Authorize.net.

In the meantime, I have customers who are showing as expired in CBSubs but their cards were charged correctly by Authorize because of ARB. Is there a way to retrieve past silents posts so CBSubs is updated with the correct information so these customers show as active rather than expired? And if not, how do you suggest I handle the expired listings that aren't really expired? I was thinking I could manually renew them from the backend, but then their renewal dates won't match Authorize's ARB...

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 7 months ago #176832 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: ARBs not autorecurring in CB

Is there a way to retrieve past silents posts so CBSubs is updated with the correct information so these customers show as active rather than expired? And if not, how do you suggest I handle the expired listings that aren't really expired? I was thinking I could manually renew them from the backend, but then their renewal dates won't match Authorize's ARB...

I know PayPal allows you to retry IPNs, but I can't speak for Authorize.net however would assume they allow you to retry as well. I recommend contacting them on how to send a manual retry.

Alternatively you could edit the users in CB > User Management and renew them manually. You could then edit their subscription from CBSubs > Subscription and change their renewal date to match what it should've been. I'm recommending the 2 step process so integrations will fire. Just editing the subscription wouldn't fire executions so is best to give them the subscription first through User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176846 by LindaGLS
Thank you for your reply. I will do the 2 step process since there are only 10 of them. I was worried about using the edit subscription page since there's a notice that says it's not warranted should something go wrong, but since I'm only changing the renewal and expiration date it seems like that would be the way to go.

Once I process the manual renewal and change the dates, do you think they will resolve themselves and reset to auto-renewing once their ARB processes again via Authorize.net and the completed transaction is posted via silent post?

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn