[SOLVED] Solution: 'Lost Password/Username' Email problems

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176680 by Peerke
After installing the CB v1.7 upgrade recently, we had problems with the 'Lost Password/username' E-mail functions: the E-mails didn't arrive....

Reason:
After installing the upgrade of CB 1.7, the fields in CB/configuration, tab: Registration, fields:
- ‘Registration e-mailaddress’ and
- ‘Registration - "Respond to" e-mailaddress’
contained the value: !E-MAIL! (as I assumed that these values were being translated automatically into the mean (webmaster) E-mail address, I didn’t change them during installation of the CB 1.7 upgrade……)

Solution:
After changing these default (??) values into the real E-mail address (in our situation: Webmaster@NVExamens.nl), everything worked PERFECTLY again !

Background:
Probably because both E-mail addresses are being checked by our provider on validity, the E-mails were NOT accepted with the value !E-MAIL! and thus NOT accepted from CB by the Emailserver of our provider and send out, but after giving this E-mail address, it was accepted by our provider…!

Problem SOLVED !:)

Regards,

Peter Nent

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176692 by beat
Nice to ho hear that your problem is solved and thanks for sharing the reason and solution for your problem.

I have checked CB's default setup and searched throughout the code, and have not found any string "!EMAIL!" in the whole code (nor in my human memory, except in this thread and on the corresponding ticket).

CB's default value for the email address is empty, which then results in correctly in using joomla's configured email.

I'm wondering from where you have that !EMAIL! setting come here...but it doesn't look coming from CB.

If you find from where it came, let the community know, so we can improve things.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 7 months ago #176697 by nant
@Peerke:

First of all, THANK YOU for posting this feedback for others to read and learn.

Please note that regardless of how this !EMAIL! string got placed in your CB Configuration parameters (Beat has already stated that CB does not do this not all): CB does send the email (as I showed you in the private ticket support thread). So your statement that the mailing is not sent is in fact not correct.

As explained in the private ticket, the receiving email server is what is causing the issue as some of them appear to just reject any incoming email that is not properly formed.

12 years 7 months ago #176700 by Peerke
You're fully right!, I've just edited my initial posting !

Grtz,
Peter

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn