[#2844] gj 2.4 Not for guests?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178000 by jojo12
[#2844] gj 2.4 Not for guests? was created by jojo12
joomla 1.7, cb 1.7, gj 2.4 stable
I didn't test this in gj 2.4RC2
I set all in the group on public, with captcha activated, but I can only have a look, I cannot react as a guest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: gj 2.4 Not for guests?
Don't understand what you mean? Public users can't see Public groups? There's currently bugs in CB regarding Joomla API, which will cause this. It'll affect userlists and profiles usually as well. Please see the below forge ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2752

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178011 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: gj 2.4 Not for guests?
I don't know if I have understood enough, but I think this is the problem I asked. (Perhaps this is wished like that):
Public users can see public groups. But they cannot write something on the wall (with captcha). They can write in the forum, when this is enabled in Kunena.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178070 by krileon
Public users can't interact with a group unless they join the group. Nor should they have access to group forums within Kunena, please run GJ tools for it to check if the forums have the correct permissions configured. GJ is designed this way.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178100 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: gj 2.4 Not for guests?

Nor should they have access to group forums within Kunena, please run GJ tools for it to check if the forums have the correct permissions configured. GJ is designed this way.

Some of my groups are public. So my public users can see the group contents. And they can go to the groupforum (kunena) and write there something with captcha.
I checked with GJ tools: there is no error.

Kunena is configured: security ->public read/write
the group categories in kunena is -> closed and -> published.
From Kunena I can enter to these group forums too (I just remarked!)
But GJ tools have no error!

12 years 7 months ago #178103 by krileon
That would be a bug then. Users should not be permitted to view or post in Kunena forums of a group if they do not actually belong to that group. Please also ensure you're using the latest release of Kunena where these permissions are better able to be enforced. I've created a bug ticket for further review.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2844

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn