URL Parameters (Manual Search)

12 years 7 months ago #178150 by guernon
URL Parameters (Manual Search) was created by guernon
Can someone help me?,

In the ?option=com_comprofiler URL, i know how to param a search in a certain field like

?option=com_comprofiler&MYFIELD=MYKEYWORD

BUT... is there a param to ask to search ALL the fields at once for a big general search?

And by the way... is there a list of those params somewhere?

Thanks a lot, lot, lot!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #178173 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: URL Parameters (Manual Search)

BUT... is there a param to ask to search ALL the fields at once for a big general search?

Search for 1 value in all fields? Nope. You can append more fields to the URL however. Example as follows.

?cb_field1=xyz&cb_field2=abc&cb_field3=123

So I suppose if you append all fields with the same search value it'd give the behavior you're wanting, but it probably won't match anything.

And by the way... is there a list of those params somewhere?

Yup, please see CB > Field Management and review the "name" column. Please keep in mind your field must be set to be searchable and depending on userlist configuration it likely has to be displayed on the list it self as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178174 by guernon
Replied by guernon on topic Re: URL Parameters (Manual Search)
With that below, if xyz is not in the field1 there will be no result for field2 right?

?cb_field1=xyz&cb_field2=abc&cb_field3=123

So there is no such thing as...
?cb_field1=xyzORcb_field2=xyzORcb_field3=zyz

I would like to search for a keyword in ANY fields, in one simple search (à la google)

Thanks

12 years 7 months ago #178176 by guernon
Also here, when i say params i don't mean fields but OPTIONS to use in the URL of COM_COMPROFILER

12 years 7 months ago #178182 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: URL Parameters (Manual Search)

With that below, if xyz is not in the field1 there will be no result for field2 right?

No, it's not an OR scenario but an AND scenario. It's looking that field1 and field2 match the value given. The best way to get the parameters you want is search your userlist as normal and just copy the URL in the browser after search.

I would like to search for a keyword in ANY fields, in one simple search (à la google)

You can't, we've no feature for this currently. CB 2.0 will be redoing the userlist experience and likely allow for such scenarios.

Also here, when i say params i don't mean fields but OPTIONS to use in the URL of COM_COMPROFILER

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=LIST_ID_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178183 by guernon
Any modules, plugins, components, code...? i'm open to any suggestion to achieve that.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn