CB Subs not autorecurring

12 years 7 months ago #178238 by byrannewell
CB Subs not autorecurring was created by byrannewell
I am using CB Subs. We only have one available plan, and it is $10 per month. To get members, we made a promotion to give them free lifetime membership (a discount of $10 every month until forever). Problem is, the membership plan is not auto-recurring. It is set up to auto-recur, but in the backend looking at the Paid Subscriptions, none of our members have an autorenew type other than "manual". Auto recurring type for every one is set to "not autorecurring".

Help! I'm running CB 1.4 and Joomla 1.5. I can't upgrade yet because of compatibility issues with other plugins.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #178240 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Subs not autorecurring
what version of CBSubs are you using?
What payment gateway are you using?
Is your CBSubs gateway configured to support auto-recurring payments?

12 years 7 months ago #178251 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: CB Subs not autorecurring
CBSubs 1.2.2, with authorize.net. Set up to accept auto recurring, yes. The people with our free trial never have to input a credit card, because we are discounting the entire amount.

12 years 7 months ago #178272 by byrannewell
So it looks like a couple people (one or two) HAVE auto-recurred. Or rather, they are current. I don't know if they manually did it or not. Argh. Frustrated...

12 years 7 months ago #178298 by byrannewell
I'm losing people every day. I can't re-subscribe them because there is a plugin/component causing issues with the backend and will not let me save changes to user profiles in CB. Please help.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178339 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs not autorecurring
If I understand correctly you've a $10 subscription that is recurring. You've given some users a coupon which makes that plan free and for the free users it is not auto-recurring. However the actual paid users are renewing as expected and is just the free users who are not, is this correct?

Please check your plan and on the Pricing tab ensure "Auto-recurring renewals (*)::" is set to "Yes: subscribe user to automatic recurring payments (*)" to ensure a subscription is forced. As if it's single payments only or users choice then they're forced into manual payments or they've chosen manual payments during the payment process. Please also ensure your payment gateway it self (paypal for example) is configured within CBSubs to accept recurring payments as this will determine how or what button is displayed as well.

I can't re-subscribe them because there is a plugin/component causing issues with the backend and will not let me save changes to user profiles in CB.

Please disable or uninstall the conflicting component so you can properly use CBs backend. I also recommend upgrading to CB 1.7 and simply removing or trying to replace the out of date plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn