McAfee Security CPU overload

12 years 7 months ago #178244 by Thelowlandpiper
McAfee Security CPU overload was created by Thelowlandpiper
Having taken advantage of the CB/ McAfee deal, and set up the audits, I received within hours a message from my hosts saying that my domain's CPU usage had greatly exceeded the limit. It looks as if I shall not be able to use this resource; although it did reveal [among many others] an issue with CB registers page; 'Web Application Cross Site Scripting': [details available]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178247 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: McAfee Security CPU overload
Regarding the overload: you can set a slower scanning speed in the McAfee device configuration panel. Ask McAfee support for help if needed, they are there to help you. I haven't seen any overload on our servers due to their scanning, as the default scanning speed corresponds to approximately 2 persons browsing the site on a properly configured server.

Regarding the error on your CB registration page, please Private-Message me the details, I didn't detect any such issues in our scanning.

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn