[SOLVED] Upgrade

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #182034 by walterqwerty
[SOLVED] Upgrade was created by walterqwerty
Hello, I have not yet made ​​the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.7, from what you say because you have to backup the system and the database, what do you mean by system?, I will not conceal that I am afraid to perform this update. in what way can I defer to you this update.
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #182044 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrade

walterqwerty wrote: Hello, I have not yet made ​​the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.7, from what you say because you have to backup the system and the database, what do you mean by system?, I will not conceal that I am afraid to perform this update. in what way can I defer to you this update.
thanks

Backup is the first course of action you should always take before you perform any new installs on your website.

Usually most hosts have built-in backup functionality that you can access from your cpanel.
You can also install akeeba backup if you want.

You should not be afraid - upgrading from 1.4 to 1.7.1 should be a 5 min job.

12 years 6 months ago #182060 by walterqwerty
Replied by walterqwerty on topic Re: Upgrade
The problem is that the backup is 8 gb, I run regularly every week, but with the low speed of the upload, reset it takes two days, perhaps you'd better leave it at that.
thanks

12 years 6 months ago #182063 by nant

walterqwerty wrote: The problem is that the backup is 8 gb, I run regularly every week, but with the low speed of the upload, reset it takes two days, perhaps you'd better leave it at that.
thanks

wow - 8gb???

That's much too big - most likely you are backing up data (video, media?) that does not change.

12 years 6 months ago #182064 by walterqwerty
Replied by walterqwerty on topic Re: Upgrade
Maybe I just have to backup the system, but what are the relevant folders? videos and photos take up a lot, perhaps leaving them on the server, and making a kackup the only system, but I tell you I do not know which folder to save.
Hello and thanks

12 years 6 months ago #182071 by nant
Cannot help here - storage areas depend on extensions installed and how storage is organized by them.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds