Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#3038] Can I allow moderators to edit user-read only fiel

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #183613 by nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #183624 by fribse2011
I just found a quirck, and I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not.
The moderator level, can not update other moderators profiles?
Question is, is it on purpose or not?

Another misbehaviour, I get this:
You cannot edit a `member`. Only higher-level users have this power.

When I actually try to edit a profile.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by fribse2011.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #183727 by krileon
It's working as intended, moderators are not allowed to edit other moderators.

With patch applied you should not be receiving this when editing any user (other then moderators where you should get an error). I've uploaded a pre-patched CB 1.7.1 file to the ticket, please download and replace then re-test all is working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 6 months ago #183738 by fribse2011

krileon wrote: ...moderators are not allowed to edit other moderators.

Ok, as long as it's 'as designed', then all is well.

With patch applied you should not be receiving this when editing any user (other then moderators where you should get an error). I've uploaded a pre-patched CB 1.7.1 file to the ticket, please download and replace then re-test all is working.

I still see the same message with the patched file.
I've tried both from my own user (which has several memberships), and from my test user that is only member of the 'CB moderator' group.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #183751 by krileon

I still see the same message with the patched file.
I've tried both from my own user (which has several memberships), and from my test user that is only member of the 'CB moderator' group.

Don't know what more to advise. I could not duplicate this issue on 2 different installs. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as credentials to test the problematic users. If you do not have joomlaXplorer or something similar installed please also provide FTP credentials and will patch your install for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #183879 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and applied the patches from the below tickets for you.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3038
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3000
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3044

However, based off your ACL setup it's working as intended. Your Moderator usergroup is in a completely different parent then what your users usergroup is. Example as follows.

Group 1
- Group 1a
Group 2

Group 1a has no control over Group 2 as it's in a completely different parent group. If Group 1 was a moderator group and user was in Group 1 then they could control Group 2 as they're siblings of one another.

At this point am not sure if this should remain as designed or if should work some other way. The ACL is very confusing to design around as it's limitless and trees can be infinite.

I've updated the bug ticket so internally Beat, Nick, and I can discuss further how it's intended to behave. As is it seams to be behaving as it should.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon