[#3038] Can I allow moderators to edit user-read only fiel

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183432 by fribse2011
I have some club membership here, that I would like our treasurer to be able to moderate.
So I've set the board as moderators.
Can I use CB Privacy to let the moderators modify membership fields, that are read only for the members?
It would ease my job a lot if they could update it themselves, instead of having me going in via the backend and do it :whistle:

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183441 by nant
Frontend moderation is designed to allow moderators to change anything the user can change from frontend. So, if a field has been marked as readonly, then only user can change it.

Alternatively, you can try using the CB Privacy plugin and configure this field to be frontend editable by moderators only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse2011

12 years 5 months ago #183449 by fribse2011
I have marked a few fields as read only, that makes it read-only for the users, and not editable for them, right?

Question is, how do I keep the fields locked for the user, but changeable for the moderators.
Do I change the field to not 'read-only', and then apply cb privacy to the field?
And how do the moderator then access the fields to change them from frontend?

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago #183451 by nant

fribse2011 wrote: I have marked a few fields as read only, that makes it read-only for the users, and not editable for them, right?

Question is, how do I keep the fields locked for the user, but changeable for the moderators.
Do I change the field to not 'read-only', and then apply cb privacy to the field?
And how do the moderator then access the fields to change them from frontend?

Enable privacy plugin.
Edit field from CB Field manager.
No need for field to be set readonly
Edit privacy control parameters of this field to:
User can control privacy
Front-end edit only by allowed moderators

Moderators then just visit the user profile they want to change and edit it.

12 years 5 months ago #183452 by fribse2011
Hi Nant

I think I do need for it to be read only for the users, as I don't want them to be able to change it, right?

My own user is member of several groups, as our groups also denote commitees in our volunteerdriven-organization to accomodate for forum access limits in Kunena.
One of the groups (board) is set as moderators.
But if I visit another users profile, I don't see any way to change the profiles values?

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago #183456 by nant

fribse2011 wrote: Hi Nant

I think I do need for it to be read only for the users, as I don't want them to be able to change it, right?

My own user is member of several groups, as our groups also denote commitees in our volunteerdriven-organization to accomodate for forum access limits in Kunena.
One of the groups (board) is set as moderators.
But if I visit another users profile, I don't see any way to change the profiles values?

Before I posted my previous response, I tested on my test site.

Please try my suggestion first, then post any further questions.

A CB Moderator can visit a profile in frontend and use the Edit menu to update it.

I am assuming that you have properly configured CB Configuration (see CB Documentation you have access to) to allow CB Moderators to make frontend edits and that you have installed and configured privacy for this field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn