[#3038] Can I allow moderators to edit user-read only fiel

12 years 5 months ago #184072 by krileon
Ok, based off your ACL structure it's working as intended. I'll give an example based off your ACL.

I am a member of CBMod. This means I can edit anyone that is in the below.

- Registered
- - - Bestyrelse

Now CBMod is a parent of "Bestyrelse", but it is not a parent of "Festudvalg" and thus has no permission to edit them as you maybe expecting (again, ACL can be very confusing). Everything works in parent and child like relationships.

ACL isn't really what should be controlling access. Joomla does this through Assets and those assets are different roles like edit, delete, etc.. however CB doesn't use those, yet, and thus is purely based off the usergroup it self which in J1.7 there is no clearcut way of how it should behave as a parent and child relationship.

At this point I would say issue is solved as much as we can solve it with current implementation. We're saving ACL rewrite for CB 2.0 and really don't want to have to do a rewrite for a 1.x release as it could cause a lot of issues for backwards compatibility.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184075 by fribse2011
Absolutely, I agree, and I can circumvent the problem simply by adding an extra group to the users, and that's as simple as it gets in my opinion.

I was contemplating if GroupJive could take over the 'commitee' function, none of the commitee's have any special rights, except the 'medieudvalg' which is sort of 'co-sysop's, and bestyrelse.

That way I could get rid of most of the 'parallel' groups.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

12 years 5 months ago #184081 by krileon

I was contemplating if GroupJive could take over the 'commitee' function, none of the commitee's have any special rights, except the 'medieudvalg' which is sort of 'co-sysop's, and bestyrelse.

Depends on your needs. GJ isn't ACL or access controls by any means. It's groups like you'd find on any social site like Facebook, MySpace, etc.. If that's what you need then it could be a much better solution then depending on ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184413 by fribse2011
Oh well, I can't use GJ, as I need closed forums, and I can't seem to make that work with GJ, so I'll stick with the current model, and it's working fine as it is.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

12 years 5 months ago #184470 by krileon

fribse2011 wrote: Oh well, I can't use GJ, as I need closed forums, and I can't seem to make that work with GJ, so I'll stick with the current model, and it's working fine as it is.

The GJ forums are closed. There's a bug through preventing the access check from working properly however. This is fixed for GJ 2.5 (next release).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.459 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn