remove "name"-link userlist

12 years 4 months ago #187404 by PHPMB
remove "name"-link userlist was created by PHPMB
I am building a website with Community builder 1.7 with JoomSEF.
Most things work fine but I have a problem with the user lists, the Name/Username is highlighted as a link.
When I click on the Name/Username I get a link to a generic url: //user/userprofile.html
When I click the rest of the list of the user I get the url of the user: //username.html

When I click on the Name/Username I would like to have the link to the url: username.html
Can somebody help me with this problem?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187414 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: remove "name"-link userlist
We don't support any SEF other then default Joomla SEF. I've no idea how 3rd party SEF are going to behave our how they intend to rewrite CBs URLs. Your URLs with default SEF should be as follows.

If Itemid is present:
site/menu-alias/task/username

Example:
www.example.com/profiles/userprofile/bob

If missing Itemid:
site/comprofiler/task/username

Example:
www.example.com/comprofiler/userprofile/bob

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187436 by PHPMB
Replied by PHPMB on topic Re: remove "name"-link userlist
Ok.
I have many problems with the default Joomla SEF.
One of the problems is; My menu-items that I have created for user lists don't work when I enable Joomla SEF.

12 years 4 months ago #187439 by krileon
What do you mean they don't work? What happens? 404 error page? 500 error page? What is the URL seen in browser address bar? Do you have the mandatory public and published Joomla menu link to CB profiles present?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187448 by PHPMB
Replied by PHPMB on topic Re: remove "name"-link userlist
My menu in the left column disappears when I click on an item, while using Joomla SEF. Thus I don't get any submenu-items etc.

Is it possible remove the link behind the name?

name
street 1
12345 City

The link behind the rest is generated in another way.

That link behind the name causes the problem.

12 years 4 months ago #187455 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator credentials. I don't understand what the problem is. My guess is you don't have Joomla items setup properly. Itemid is what links a URL to a menu item or modules.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn