[SOLVED] cb subs installation

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187879 by prophotodx
[SOLVED] cb subs installation was created by prophotodx
Can you give me a few troubleshooting steps to get cbsubs installed? Having issues...

I've confirmed folder permissions & keep getting ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package. I've also tried turning FTP on and off in Joomla settings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187880 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: cb subs installation

prophotodx wrote: Can you give me a few troubleshooting steps to get cbsubs installed? Having issues...

I've confirmed folder permissions & keep getting ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package. I've also tried turning FTP on and off in Joomla settings.

I can give you one very good hint: please download and read the CBSubs manual.
It contains very detailed instructions about how to install things.

Most likely you are encountering an issue described in our FAQ area that concerns trying to install a CB plugin using the Joomla installer - and of course Joomla gives message that it cannot find a Joomla XML file.

Please read the manual - it will help you maximize the potential that CBSubs really offers.

12 years 3 months ago #187881 by prophotodx
Replied by prophotodx on topic Re: cb subs installation
After paying for this software and support I would have expected a real answer instead of 'RTFM'. I have already gone through all of the preinstall checks and manual. I am not using the joomla installer.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187883 by nant

prophotodx wrote: After paying for this software and support I would have expected a real answer instead of 'RTFM'. I have already gone through all of the preinstall checks and manual. I am not using the joomla installer.

Thanks for clarifying - sorry if my response came by wrong.

Ok, you can first provide the following information:

Joomla version?
CB version?

I am guessing that perhaps your PHP file upload size parameter is set to 2M and the main CBSubs plugin is more than this (thus the problem).

If this is the case, then you would also have problems installing CB 171 as it is also more than 2M in size.

Tutorial article here discusses this case (also mentioned in CB 171 documentation):
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18196-checking-your-php-settings

You also need to verify that ioncube is properly installed.

Let me know if this is the case - otherwise I would need backend access to check for you (you can PM me if the article link doesn't help you).

12 years 3 months ago #187884 by prophotodx
Replied by prophotodx on topic Re: cb subs installation
Joomla 1.7.3, CB 1.7.1, cURL 7.15.5, Zend 2.3.0, ionCube 4.0.7, PHP 5.3.3, upload_max_filesize 10M. I'd prefer troubleshooting steps instead of providing SA credentials.

12 years 3 months ago #187885 by nant

prophotodx wrote: Joomla 1.7.3, CB 1.7.1, cURL 7.15.5, Zend 2.3.0, ionCube 4.0.7, PHP 5.3.3, upload_max_filesize 10M. I'd prefer troubleshooting steps instead of providing SA credentials.

Ok then please tell me exactly what you are trying to install and how and exact result you are seeing?

Are you able to install other CBSubs related packages as described in manual?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn