[SOLVED] CBSubs - subscribed but not paid

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188170 by ellare
So I have 2 plans on my dev site... I'll call them Plan A and Plan B

Let's say user selects Plan A, gets to the PayPal gateway - but backs out and doesn't actually pay for the subscription.

User then goes back to profile, then SUBSCRIPTIONS tab - it shows that the user's "current subscription" is PLAN A, but that the user has not paid yet.

In the backend - under the "subscriptions" option of CB Subs - it is showing that the user is "registered unpaid"

This is confusing.

Is there a way to only make a user an official member/subscriber once they have PAID ?

Clicking on a button and subscribing is not sufficient - is there a way to only make someone a subscriber when PAYMENT has been made?

thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #188251 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs - subscribed but not paid
Don't understand, the user backed out of the payment. Why would you want them to become paid? They need to cancel their basket by clicking Pay Now then the use the cancel link or wait 24 hours and the basket will expire. For them to become paid they need to pay for their subscription (not back out at PayPal before payment).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #188273 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: CBSubs - subscribed but not paid
from the user's perspective and the backend admin perspective - it appears that the person who has backed out of the purchase process has become 'somewhat' registered for a group they haven't paid to join yet.

i didn't know about the 24 time period - i'll test that out.

thanks

12 years 3 months ago #188309 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs - subscribed but not paid

ellare wrote: from the user's perspective and the backend admin perspective - it appears that the person who has backed out of the purchase process has become 'somewhat' registered for a group they haven't paid to join yet.

i didn't know about the 24 time period - i'll test that out.

thanks

Does CB User manager show such users belonging to the unpaid plan?
It shouldn't.

When you say backend admin perspective, what exactly do you mean?

12 years 3 months ago #188440 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: CBSubs - subscribed but not paid
so I just did this.

FRONTEND
signed in as user digitalLisa

went to subscriptions tab on my profile

chose "test plan"

clicked on "subscribe" button

got to paypal gateway

did NOT pay, and hit back button to get back to dev site URL

logged into backend
here's where i refer to as "backend perspective"
when looking at things from the backend
went to Paid Subscriptions > Subscriptions

this is what I see

as an admin - it looks like this member, digitalLisa, has joined but not paid.

I'd prefer them to not even show up at all on this 'subscriptions list' if they didn't complete their payment.

I guess it's good that I can see who's interested but backed out in case I want to reach out to them, but I think this would be confusing to my client.

But to answer your question about 'backend perspective' - I mean what an admin sees when viewing things from the backend.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs - subscribed but not paid
That's working as intended. You can filter the list if you don't want to see them, but they'll expire after I believe 24 hours. You can also manually delete the basket if you want. It's telling you the user has an unpaid basket and progressed all the way to the gateway (CBSubs trys to keep you well informed where and what stage the user is at in their subscription).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn