[SOLVED] CBSubs member notification email

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188206 by ellare
the features of CBSubs lists:

"Subscriber notification of events by automated, customizable emails"

but does this mean that you can configure CBSubs to generate a 'reminder' email 30 days prior to subscription expiring?

If you can do this - how is it done? I was not finding it in the CBSubs 1.2.2 manual

I have the CBSubs Email sub-tab plugin installed and found that in the manual, but where is it set that the email needs to be sent 30day prior to expiration, or 2 weeks after expiration, etc...?

Where is the 'timeframe' established?

thanks!
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #188214 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs member notification email
CBSubs 1.3 will have the new mailer integration plugin that should provide you with such functionality.
CBSubs is still in alpha testing mode.
Goal is to start beta tests or RC tests this week.

12 years 4 months ago #188275 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: CBSubs member notification email
ok so for now - how do i send out these emails reminding about renewals for subscriptions? just the usual way with my 3rd party email manager?

- why would CB Subs email plug in have all that configuration (writing 4 different email versions depending on status of account "renewal due, membership expired, etc..." ) if there was no way to send it from that page or schedule the send?

thanks
LrG

12 years 3 months ago #188311 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs member notification email

ellare wrote: ok so for now - how do i send out these emails reminding about renewals for subscriptions? just the usual way with my 3rd party email manager?

Yes, for the moment AcyMailing is recommended.

- why would CB Subs email plug in have all that configuration (writing 4 different email versions depending on status of account "renewal due, membership expired, etc..." ) if there was no way to send it from that page or schedule the send?

thanks
LrG

CBSubs email plugin does what it does. No scheduling at all - messages are sent when triggered by specific events.

The CBSubs Mailer plugin which I am currently testing (and very excited about) allows you do do so much more. I will be posting a sneak-preview article with screenshots of nice use cases (preparing them for new documentation). For example you can setup following:

-1- Send email message to registered members 10 days after registration date
-2- Send email message to specific plan subscribers 1 week before subscription expiration
-3- Send email message to specific plan subscribers 1 month after expiration
-4- Send email message to users on their birthday anniversary (based on cb date field value)

The conditions tab (seen in promotions and plan workflows) is also applicable to mailer tasks. Additionally a mailer task can be an email message or a private message.

I think CBSubs 1.3 Mailer plugin will be a huge hit with everyone.

12 years 3 months ago #188438 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: CBSubs member notification email
looking forward to that!

thx
lrg

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188498 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn