Registration Confirmation Email Issue

12 years 3 months ago #188383 by asberecent1
Registration Confirmation Email Issue was created by asberecent1
Hi,

I have CB 1.7.1 and Joomla! 1.7.3.

In CB -> Config -> Registration I have 'Require Email Confirmation' set to yes and this same issue happens whether 'Require Admin Approval' is set to yes or no.

When a new user registers the browser goes to the 'Registration Complete!' page which seems correct to me, and then I receive an email asking to click on a link to confirm that the email address is valid.

This all seems to be as it should but the problem I haven't been able to figure out is:

When I click on the link in the email to confirm it then takes me (in a different tab on my Firefox browser) to the login page again but with a message at the top which say 'Please login first'. (Please see the attached login-page image)

Why I try to login with the new account it reports back with this:

'You are not authorized to view this page!:'
'You need to log out. !'

but shows on the login module that the user appears to be logged in. (whythis image attached)

1. Why does it take me to the login page when I'm just confirming the email address (shouldn't it just send a follow up email telling the new user that they can now log in because their email address has been confirmed)?

2. If I do try to log in on that page, why do I get the message saying they are not authorized?

Thank's for any help in advance,
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188396 by asberecent1
Replied by asberecent1 on topic Re: Registration Confirmation Email Issue
I went back and looked at the Installation Manual again for the CB Profile Installation (Section 2.6) and re-read it. It clearly says that you need to set the access to public - which I had not done.

This is a newbie error on my part for which I apologize if it wasted too much of anyone's time.

12 years 3 months ago #188408 by nant

asberecent1 wrote: I went back and looked at the Installation Manual again for the CB Profile Installation (Section 2.6) and re-read it. It clearly says that you need to set the access to public - which I had not done.

This is a newbie error on my part for which I apologize if it wasted too much of anyone's time.

Thanks for looking back at your installation guide and thanks for posting solution.

Its a learning experience as is everything in life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asberecent1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn