Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Confirmation Email Not sending

• Randam
  • Randam
12 years 3 months ago #189708 by Randam
Confirmation Email Not sending was created by Randam
I tried to submit a help request 3 times and got an Internal Server error each time. :(

I have been sitting here trying to figure this problem out for 11 hours and now another 30 minutes trying to submit a ticket, I mean that literally I have spent that much time trying to solve this without having to ask for help. I hate to have to ask, especially since I am sure I have done something stupid to cause this - but after reading the boards for hours, reinstalling 3 times, and going through everything one by one, I have exhausted every self help method available and I just can't figure this out.

I can no longer get CB to send confirmation emails when a new user signs up. Everything else seems to work fine, with the exception of that one thing - that I desperately need functioning. It will not send confirmation emails, no matter what I try.

If I send them via the 'resend email' option via the admin area, the emails actually do arrive, and the confirmation links work. But no matter what I do, I can not get the initial email to send automatically. I have tested Joomla's bulk email, etc. It all works. It's only the confirmation email from CB that is not working. After I send it via the "resend' method, and I confirm the account, I do get the second 'welcome' email automatically.

I have tried this with SEF both on and off and I have worked through all the suggestions and processes your supposed to try, but I can't fix this. This was working, initially. But something has been messed up as I have worked on other parts of the site, obviously. I MUST have done something wrong somewhere, but I can't find it.

This is a live site, but there's a doorway page there for the time being, until I can get this issue resolved, the problem is it was supposed to be live 3 weeks ago and I am out of time.

I tried to provide all the information needed to investigate this but as I said, the ticket system only returned an Internal Server error.

Can someone please advise me on this?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #189711 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Confirmation Email Not sending
Something must have triggered security module on your ticket post ...

If things were working then something changed - there is no time bomb in CB.

What version of Joomla?
What version of CB?

Check error logs for potential error.
Turn on Joomla debug and test again - see if something pops up there.

Did you install any non Joomlapolis CB plugin lately?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon