[#3244] Groupjive 2.5 E-mail Notifications Not Working?

12 years 2 months ago #190281 by krileon
You don't need a PMS for Email Only, I was only asking for you to perform a test, but given you have no PMS there's no reason to test it. Please check the spam folder of the users email account that should've received the notification.

To test the notification first ensure the group owner for example has their notifications set to receive a notification on new user join. Once done register and login with a new user then attempt to join the group. Once joined successfully check the group owners email account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190284 by scottie33t
Hi Krileon, I've checked all of this several times. Nothing in spam box and all notifications are checked and active. I created several groups with several requests to join, however no e-mails were received by group owners. I tested this myself on 6 different e-mail accounts.

Mass e-mails work in Community Builder's user manager, just groupjive e-mail notifications don't seem to be going out for some reason.

12 years 2 months ago #190290 by krileon
Do invite emails send out? For example try inviting an email address that isn't registered on the site yet and see if it's received. This will confirm if GJ notification function is working at all or not for your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190302 by scottie33t
Krileon, thank you for your quick response! It'll be remembered when I renew my subscription.

The invite e-mails are indeed working (just tested), however the pending approval e-mails to the group onwer still aren't working for some reason. So the users receive the invite emails, however the group owners don't receive pending join requests at this time. All notifications were verified to be enabled.

12 years 2 months ago #190355 by krileon
An owner won't get pending approval emails for an invite. Being invited bypasses the authorization and immediately makes them approved. The only way to get an approval notification is if your group is approval type and someone clicks the Join button. If you want notifications for every join then you need to select that type of notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 2 months ago #190364 by scottie33t
My issue isn't with invites. All invite e-mails work fine. My problems are with pending approval requests. Meaning users are requesting to join a group owners group, but they must be approved by the Group owner first. The group owner isn't receiving any pending approval requests.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.994 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn