[#3244] Groupjive 2.5 E-mail Notifications Not Working?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190173 by scottie33t
Whenever a user asked to join a group, it tells the user it's pending approval, however the owner of the group never receives an e-mail notification. I've tried several group owner e-mail addresses and I can't seem to get it to work.

In Groupjive config I went to Notifications tab and changed to e-mail only, however group owners still don't receive an e-mail when another user needs approval to join their group. Am I changing in the wrong spot or is there another step I'm missing? Tested, the mass e-mail feature works via Community Builder User Manager, however e-mails aren't being received for new group approval requests. Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190199 by krileon
The owner needs to navigate to their group and click "Notifications" then configure it for them to receive said notification. Please note the default notifications will not apply for pre-existing users as this is a new feature and defaults only apply at certain situations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190205 by scottie33t
Hi, how can I make this so these e-mail notifications are always on by default. I need to make this very easy for the group owner.

12 years 2 months ago #190206 by scottie33t
Hi krileon, actually the notifications were set up as notifiy, however still no e-mails are being received when a user requests to join a group. Any ideas?

12 years 2 months ago #190241 by krileon
Could not confirm. I tested all notification types and received a notification perfectly fine. Please test to see if PMS will work. Please also ensure your group owner is configured to receive new user join notifications under "Notifications" found on the groups menu.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190267 by scottie33t
I don't have any messaging system enabled and have all notifications set at e-mail only. Do I need to install uddeIM even for e-mail only setting? I do have the Private Message System plugin installed that came with the Community Builder software, but I'm not using it. Is the private messaging system required for E-mail only notifications? Below are it's settings. All notifications in groups are enabled and the mass e-mail function works fine.

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn