Internet Explorer 8

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190334 by degard
Internet Explorer 8 was created by degard
Hi,

I could not change the profile, because the drop down field "gender" was empty (see attachment).

I tested IE 8. With IE 9 it worked.

Does CB not work with IE 8? What was the reason? Do I have to change anything in the configuration?

(I am using CB 1.4)

Bests Mark
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190371 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Internet Explorer 8

(I am using CB 1.4)

Please upgrade to CB 1.7.1. We can't guarantee any functionally for previous releases. The drop-down is just an HTML element. I can't see any reason it'd do that for any specific browser unless it was a 3rd party plugin field that maybe used jQuery to populate the drop-down with values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193980 by degard
Replied by degard on topic Re: Internet Explorer 8
I upgraded now

- CB 1.4 to CB 1.8rc2 and
- Group Jive to 2.5rc2

Using Mozilla I now can change the gender.

But when using IE 9, I even can not get to the profile section (see attachment). (?)

What is the reason?

With Kunena I have a similar problem, see

www.kunena.org/forum/168-K-17-Support/117911-Internet-Explorer-8

By the way: Where is the Group Jive-Handbook to download.
Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #194083 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Internet Explorer 8

- CB 1.4 to CB 1.8rc2 and
- Group Jive to 2.5rc2

Please upgrade again, not sure why you used RCs. CB 1.8 and GJ 2.5 both stable are available in Advanced downloads and both announced on frontpage of Joomlapolis.

By the way: Where is the Group Jive-Handbook to download.

The install documentation is provided with the GJ package. The below quickstart is also available.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/111-picture-books/18268-community-builder-groupjive-quick-start

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #194144 by degard
Replied by degard on topic Re: Internet Explorer 8
I just followed this mail:

Hi Mark,
As a Professional member one of your many privileges is getting early access to new releases in the form of Release Candidate packages.
There are two new releases waiting for you on Joomlapolis:
• We have just release Community Builder 1.8 RC2 and you can download it from the Professional Download area.
If you have previously installed CB 1.8 RC, then you need to upgrade to CB 1.8 RC2 as it addresses a minor security issue introduced with CB 1.8 RC.
- Upgrading is as simple as installing over your existing setup.
- As always before upgrading please study the installation guide included in the distribution package and the readme/upgrade text files and take a backup first.
• CB GroupJive 2.5 RC2 is available and you can also download it from the Professional Download area.
This package addresses bugs of the previously released CB GroupJive 2.5 RC.
- Upgrading can be done by simply installing over on your existing setup. Backup first as always.

What do you want me to upgrade?

12 years 2 months ago #194156 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Internet Explorer 8
That email was sent a couple of weeks ago and since that new releases have happened and you most likely were notified in our last newsletters.

Please make sure that your Profile Newsletters tab has the Joomlapolis News selected.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds