JCE Editor

12 years 2 months ago #191703 by costellomichelle
JCE Editor was created by costellomichelle
Hello,

Is it possible to add JCE Editor to the CB Profile if I have it installed already in Joomla 2.5.1? If so, how would I select it? I have it for my articles but wanted to know if I could have it in the cb user profile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191710 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: JCE Editor

costellomichelle wrote: Hello,

Is it possible to add JCE Editor to the CB Profile if I have it installed already in Joomla 2.5.1? If so, how would I select it? I have it for my articles but wanted to know if I could have it in the cb user profile.

If you set JCE as the default editor then any CB editor field in frontend editing should use this.

12 years 2 months ago #191717 by costellomichelle
Replied by costellomichelle on topic Re: JCE Editor
Hi Nick,

I have the JCE set as the default editor but when I go into JCE and set it to front end profiles it doesn't change the CB Profile.

12 years 2 months ago #191740 by nant

costellomichelle wrote: Hi Nick,

I have the JCE set as the default editor but when I go into JCE and set it to front end profiles it doesn't change the CB Profile.

Do you have editor fields in CB?

12 years 2 months ago #191762 by costellomichelle
Replied by costellomichelle on topic Re: JCE Editor
If you are talking about in the CB field management, then no. But it is in the CB edit profile where you select your time zone and editor.

How would I set that up to show up if I need to do it in the CB field management?

12 years 2 months ago #191763 by nant

costellomichelle wrote: If you are talking about in the CB field management, then no. But it is in the CB edit profile where you select your time zone and editor.

How would I set that up to show up if I need to do it in the CB field management?

Ok, I totally misunderstood your question.

The default editor you select for your website in Joomla backend will automatically apply to everyone in CB Profile edits in frontend.

This means that any CB editor type fields present will automatically use the default editor (JCE) in edit mode.

Now in order to allow users to select their own editor in frontend, you need to do 2 things:

1. On Joomla 2.5.1 Users menu -> Options button Component tab -> Frontend User Parameters set to show

2. CB Configuration -> User Profile tab -> Allow user to edit his CMS parameters in frontend: set this to Yes

Then users will see Frontend Language, Timezone and Editor settings when they edit their profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds