[SOLVED] no email notify of sub plan since Mailer install

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191724 by ellare
joomla 1.5.25 site. with CB 1.8 RC1 and Subs 1.3 installed

Since installing and troubleshooting Mailer with Subs 1.3, I have not received my usual email notification of a new member purchasing the single plan I have set up with CB Subs.

The money has been transacted via PayPal as it should, but I have not received an email notifying me that the plan has been purchased.

My other component that handles event registration and additional fees for certain events, which also processes via paypal, is working and that email notification came to me immediately.

But the email that sends when the subscription plan is purchased is not generating. I checked my email trash and history - not in there. I'll keep my eye out for it ... but this only started happening since I installed 1.8 and Subs 1.3

Could this be a conflict with Mailer and the mailer I have set up?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191742 by nant
I cannot replicate here with similar setup.

Can you please do another test and verify that this is the case?

Maybe check your spam box also?

12 years 2 months ago #191758 by ellare
not in spam.

i tested with my $0.01 plan. Got the email notice for that one. Didn't test with my $300 plan...cuz it's $300.

The Mailer has a condition in it regarding the $300 plan and that is the one that did not generate an email when some one purchased the plan yesterday.

12 years 2 months ago #191759 by nant

ellare wrote: not in spam.

i tested with my $0.01 plan. Got the email notice for that one. Didn't test with my $300 plan...cuz it's $300.

The Mailer has a condition in it regarding the $300 plan and that is the one that did not generate an email when some one purchased the plan yesterday.

so you cannot replicate?

12 years 2 months ago #191771 by ellare
correct. cannot replicate.

I purchased a sub to my test $0.01 plan and I got the email notification from PayPal

but I did NOT get the email that is generated by CB - the one that comes from
"MOBOnline User Registration"

Last night when someone purchased the $300 plan, I got the CB generated email stating "thanks for joining. your subscription helps us put on events, etc..." but I did NOT get the email from PayPal stating someone just paid.

I have in my Subs plan to send an email upon payment that says
"Thank you for subscribing. You can manage your subscriptions anytime from your user profile."

I did not receive this email.

12 years 2 months ago #191777 by ellare
my oversight here - I didnt have the text entered for the email on the plan configuration 'presentation' tab. Once I put in the proper text and wording, the email generated from CBSubs when some one purchases. I also received the PayPal notification (as that comes from PayPal and has nothing to do with CB or CBSubs)

Thanks
LRG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn