Mailer trigger issues

12 years 2 months ago #192221 by ellare
Mailer trigger issues was created by ellare
hi...
In on off-forum discussion - Nant noted that "[02/17/2012 10:03:03 AM] N G.A.: looks like the last online trigger is not working as expected"

Has there been any development on this?
======================================================

I changed my mailer trigger to "5 minutes after member's sign-up registration date but not later than 7 days after" and I'm still having issues.

This is the process I have been testing with
1. build the mailer
2. click 1st link on Automation Settings that builds the queue - this builds a queue of 1 message in the email queue
3. then in Automation Settings - I click the 2nd URL which flushes the queue and sends out the one email.

Groovy. BUT... here's where I find an issue:

The 1 message/user account it is catching was created on Monday 02-20-2012 - which was the last and most recent account that was created within the last 7 days,until today. read on....

I also created a new user account registration at 3:55pm today, 2-23-2012, and built the queue at 4:25pm and it is not catching the user account that was created at 3:55pm today. It is only finding the one account created on 02-20-2012.

Is there some kind of 24hr turn-around or sign-in/sign-out issue that needs to happen? Why is the Mailer not finding the user account that was just created minutes before the Mailer queue is established?

MY CB settings (1.8 RC1 + CBSubs 1.3) are set for NO email confirmation. Joomla 1.5.25 site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192241 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mailer trigger issues
not working as expected just means that i did not see what i was expecting

in fact things were working as designed.

Maybe your timezones are causing hour difference?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192270 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: Mailer trigger issues
my global configs have the proper time zone set UTC -7:00 Mountain (US & Canada)

I built the queue now at 6:35am MST on 2-24-2012

it picked up the user account I made yesterday at 3:55pm MST

This could be some time-shift issue. You'll see in my attached screenshot that the Mailer indicates the "date to email" as 2-24-12 at 1:35 AM.{at least I think that is what time it is indicating, if it set for 24hr clock display}

It's currently 639am MST (UTC -7:00) - so it's like the Mailer is 5 hours hours behind actual time.

My local computers that I have initiated the mailer on have the correct time set as well.
Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192362 by ellare
created a user at 11:06am MST (UTC -7:00). waited 5 hours. still not catching that account when creating the queue.

another user created her account at 10:04am MST (UTC -7:00) and Mailer caught her account at 3pm.

update:
i had my 11:06am user still signed on to site. once i signed off "user02" -and re-ran the queue, user02 showed up.

but still isn't fun having to wait 5 hours for the queue to pick up and catch new user accounts that have been created.

12 years 2 months ago #192516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mailer trigger issues
The mailer is based off database time. It doesn't use Joomla configured time. Database time is often used to allow for consistency and reliability. For example if you setup a CRON it's going to be based off server time and server time is database time so it seams appropriate for the mailer to match that behavior as it's often used with CRON. That doesn't rule out a possible bug though as it's an RC; we'll be reviewing further in the coming days as we work towards a stable release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192538 by ellare
I am in MST and my server is in EST. That is a difference of 2 hours. Still doesn't explain why the Mailer is 5 hours behind.

If I created a new user at 9:45am MST, the user account won't show up in the queue until 2:45 MST and that's as long as the new user account is NOT signed into the website.

I'll inquire again with my server/database to make sure.

I'll keep testing. I hope these issues are helping y'all too.

thanks
LRG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn